Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: DMX setup

Post Thanks / Like

Default DMX setup

Strungling with controlling a fog machine (BeamX SI500) from a sequence. The machine is wired to my DMX port 3 on my falcon controller f16v3. And in my falcon player config I have added the portDmx_1.jpg.
    If I run the controller in testmode the machine is actived and sending out fog.
    On my PI if I run a test on the specific channel 30608 the machine is also activated and produce fog.

Dmx_2JPG.jpg

In my sequence I try something like this:
    Dmx_3.jpg

it do not work.
    Dmx_4.JPG

Any ideas? - what happens on the test mode in Falcon player or testmode on the controller since they can activate the machine but the sequence canīt.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: DMX setup

You don't need to patch a custom value thru a color breakdown. A custom value isn't a color, just a value. You should patch it directly to the output.

Post Thanks / Like

Great that worked.

Post Thanks / Like

So next issue is that I also have a DMX snow machine (Beamz SNOW1800). Trying to do a similar setup but it does not work. So running a test on Falcon Controller on Serial port 3 the snow machine runs.
    But it do not start running doing a test run on PI and from vixen sequence either. Please have a look inclosed screenshots and hope you can guide me on the way.
    Dmx_1.jpg
    Dmx_2.jpg
    Dmx_3.JPG
    Dmx_4.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

looks like maybe it takes two values. Add a 50 on channel two of that IP.

Post Thanks / Like

Tried to do like this:
    Dmx_5.jpg
    Dmx_6.jpg

Did not work, any ideas what I could try?

Post Thanks / Like

That last setup looks like it should work given what the manual shows. Itís probably some specific behavior of the snow machine youíll just need to figure out. Have you tried values of 100 on both?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Is your DMX line properly terminated? The manual specifically calls for it. It may have a sensitive input circuit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I tried with a value of 100 on both channels, no activation on machine. I do not know if my DMX line is properly terminated, but it seems as it because setting the falcon pixel controller in test mode on serial port 3 starts the snow machine, so I guess the connections must be fine. Adding some more pictures:
    Dmx_7.JPG
    Dmx_8.JPG
    Dmx_9.JPG

I need to figure out why the falcon controller can activate the snow machine in test mode, what does it transmit that makes it work?

Post Thanks / Like

I suggest getting a DMX terminator on that.

A terminator is just a 120 ohm resistance across the data pins on the last device in a DMX run.

On to another note, does your Beamz S1500 smoke machine work alright?
    I just got one and it wasn't responding to the right DMX channel. I rang the seller and apparently some batches have had issues with DMX addressing.
    My one was taking two DMX channels, but channel 1 did nothing. So basically the start channel I set would have to be 1 before.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast