Thread: Grouping pixels.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Grouping pixels.

Hello --
    Can I program two consecutive pixels to always act identically?
    As part of my display I have 2 pixels illuminating a small lens. I always want these 2 pixels to act identically.

I do have them grouped appropriately in the Display Setup, so I can (mostly) get them to do what I want-- except for when I have an effect applied to the entire show, then they act individually.

Any way to achieve what Iím looking to do?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Grouping pixels.

It sounds like you have the group at the wrong level. Your group of two pixels should be at the same level as the other pixels.

mama group - somepixels

In the above example your dual pixel group would be at the level with "somepixels"

2021 New Tune-to sign. New 40x27 matrix at the house. Retiring the Strip based matrix. Updating some of the old window frames to the new house. Adding two new songs.
    2020 Full sized show reworked for the new location. Only adding (famous last words) 13 RBLs that I finally got converted to using pixels
    2019 - Just moved into a new home (yet another change of plans). Will be dim but not dark. Too much to do at the new place to leave time for a show. Dim show (3000 pixels) had regular visits most nights.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/MartinMueller2003

Post Thanks / Like

I tried the configuration you suggested and when putting the Balls effect on the Mama group both pixels were reacting individually. The "dual pixel group" only contains "pixel 1" and "Pixel 2".

Maybe that is to be expected with this effect? If so, is there any remedy for hard-combining pixels so they act as one? (preferably in software) We actually need to do several instances of this.
    Last edited by spaulgal; 06-23-2021 at 07:13 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

what depth was the effect set to?

2021 New Tune-to sign. New 40x27 matrix at the house. Retiring the Strip based matrix. Updating some of the old window frames to the new house. Adding two new songs.
    2020 Full sized show reworked for the new location. Only adding (famous last words) 13 RBLs that I finally got converted to using pixels
    2019 - Just moved into a new home (yet another change of plans). Will be dim but not dark. Too much to do at the new place to leave time for a show. Dim show (3000 pixels) had regular visits most nights.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/MartinMueller2003

Post Thanks / Like

Oh so that's what that control is for
    With that said, I do not see the "levels deep" selector for this particular effect (Balls)

Post Thanks / Like

If you always want the two lights to behave as one, then it might be better to just create one element for them in the display setup and patch it to both sets pf outputs in the controller. Then you don't have to worry about grouping or how the effects might work. You will need to do it manually in the graphical view, but patch the element to the first set of channels for the first led. Then select your element again, and also select the next 3 channels on the controller for the 2nd light. Then switch to graphical view. You should see your element -> color breakdown with three outputs. Use your right mouse on the first dot of the breakdown and drag it to the first dot on the controller channel. Repeat for the other 2. You should see arrows pointing to each one. If you select the first set of three channels also, you will see the same element patched to all 6 outputs. Now whatever the element does, both leds will do.