Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ESPixelstick playing sequence without FPP?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: ESPixelstick playing sequence without FPP?

2021 New Tune-to sign. New 40x27 matrix at the house. Retiring the Strip based matrix. Updating some of the old window frames to the new house. Adding two new songs.
    2020 Full sized show reworked for the new location. Only adding (famous last words) 13 RBLs that I finally got converted to using pixels
    2019 - Just moved into a new home (yet another change of plans). Will be dim but not dark. Too much to do at the new place to leave time for a show. Dim show (3000 pixels) had regular visits most nights.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyX...ttrsZNARkUce0Q

Post Thanks / Like

V4 is good stuff, but running Vixen 3 with V3 Hardware being controlled with V4 (Travis) software and Alexa has issues. like running FPP and using Vixen. Lights flash. Turn off Vixen and Alexa app controls lights just fine. Actual solution is to change ESP Universe to one not being used in Vixen.
    Last edited by mrGrumpy; 04-19-2021 at 07:25 PM.
    In Lights Therapy

Post Thanks / Like

When you configure multiple inputs, things can get "Odd". E1.31 will override the secondary data sources, but once E1.31 stops it goes back to the secondary source. However, I think you are describing a bug in which E1.31 does not properly override Alexa. I will take a look at it.

2021 New Tune-to sign. New 40x27 matrix at the house. Retiring the Strip based matrix. Updating some of the old window frames to the new house. Adding two new songs.
    2020 Full sized show reworked for the new location. Only adding (famous last words) 13 RBLs that I finally got converted to using pixels
    2019 - Just moved into a new home (yet another change of plans). Will be dim but not dark. Too much to do at the new place to leave time for a show. Dim show (3000 pixels) had regular visits most nights.

Post Thanks / Like

hmm...good point. If using Alexa configuration, I wouldn't think it should be looking for e1.31 inputs.
    In Lights Therapy

Post Thanks / Like

If you configured it to look for E1.31 then it will process E1.31 data. You have the option of selecting "just" one data source.

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't realize that was an inherent condition of e1.31. Same issue when FPP is turned on. And yes, disabling source 1 input allows Alexa to control the e1.31....no flashing.....with Vixen or FPP running
    In Lights Therapy

Post Thanks / Like

I'm having a hard time getting this working...
    If I set my Second input mode to Effects, and my First output mode to WS2811, I can get effects to work fine.
    If I set my First input mode to E1.31 from xLights I can run my sequence, and everything works fine.
    If I set my First input mode to FPP remote, select my .fseq file, nothing lights up. On the Home page of my ESP, the Local File Player Status shows the right filename, but time elapsed and time remaining both show 00:00, even though my .fseq is 30 seconds long. If I load that same .fseq file on a Pi running FPP, it doesn't have an issue playing the sequence (it's not connected to any lights, but it shows it playing the sequence for 30 seconds).

Any thoughts here?

I programmed the V4 alpha firmware from Travis' branch, set to Platform ESPixelStick V3 (NOT Unify) and FW Generic (NOT ESP32).
    -Chris

2012: 3 Renard SS24's for 72 channels... 6236 lights... powered by HLS
    2014: 3 Renard SS24's, 1 SS16, 2 REN RGB+w, 1 E6804, 32 FAST tubes... 7,000+ lights & 200 pixels... powered by FPP & HLS

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for trying this. I have sent you an address to which you can send a copy of your file so I can try to debug your issue. You do need to ensure your fseq file only has channels needed by the ESP AND that the file is NOT compressed AND the file is in at least FSEQ V2 format. The ESP does not have the CPU power to do streaming decompression.

Martin

Post Thanks / Like

I have First Input: FPP Remote and First Output: WS2811 working.
    - basically running Pi as master with no lights connected) driving lights on ESPixelStick V3 as sparse remote.
    In Lights Therapy

Post Thanks / Like

Perfect. Thank You.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast