Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: P5 Panel Matrix Set up

Post Thanks / Like

Default P5 Panel Matrix Set up

Okay all you vixen software gurus I have bought (but it is not here yet) a P5 5 panel wide x 6 panel high (30 panels total) Matrix from wired watts. I am not sure now how to set up the preview and display. And after that how to upload it all to the FPP. I know that the P5 Matrix will have its own pi running FPP. So I guess also need help in setting up all my pi's too. I have a main pi for my sequences, a pi for music for the sequences and than the pi for the P5 Matrix. I an on my knees for as much help as possible.
    Thanks for any help. Tom

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: P5 Panel Matrix Set up

I don't think a pi can run a 30 panel display. I think the wired watts pi hat can run 18 panels. So, you will either need to use two or you should look at alternative panel drivers...BBB with fpp and a octosrolla or colorlight controller that could be driven from a rpi with fpp.

In Vixen, you set it up as a pixel grid.

Post Thanks / Like

Setup in Vixen is easy... like Mike said, it's simply a pixel grid, with a crap-ton of channels. You'll export it separately to whatever controller you decided upon (I run mine on a BBB).

Post Thanks / Like

I will be using a 2 colorlight cards not a pi hat.

Post Thanks / Like

Okay but how do you configure the setup display? The colorlight panels do not have an IP address to direct it to. Normal I would setup a controller to stream ACN (1.31) and tell the controller how many universes and channel and set a destination (normally the IP address of the controller, I like using unicast). So how do I patch the element (P5 Panel matrix) to the colorlight card?

Post Thanks / Like

Try this. https://falconchristmas.com/forum/in...c,8988.15.html

Tom Marshall did an excellent job putting this together.
    In Lights Therapy

Post Thanks / Like

Okay that link is on how to set up the colorlight card. I need to know how to setup display in vixen so I can setup the sequence file to send to fpp. Normally you need an IP address of the controller to setup everything and patch elements to send to fpp. I have no IP address for the colorlight card.

Post Thanks / Like

I am not an expert on the color light card, but all you need is a placeholder controller to get a block of channels to export to FPP. Then in FPP, you would map that block of channels to the color light which I suspect is directly connected to the FPP. So something like a simple Renard controller can be used to account for the block of channels. That will get exported to FPP as a range in your export that can then be assigned to the color light in FPP.

Hopefully that helps.

Post Thanks / Like

For a PiHat we would use e1.31 for that block of date, and assume you would do the same for Colorlight.

If you are going to use Bridge Mode in FPP, then use the FPP IP in vixen, and FPP's Input Screen to configure incoming data.

For any of the player modes of FPP, you will export data to a fseq file and import it into FPP. Done via File Transfer.

For output from FPP to ColorLight, that is done on the LED screen of FPP.
    In Lights Therapy

Post Thanks / Like

Okay mrGrumpy you have totally confuse me. What is a "block of date"? I am still working on Master, Remote and not sure about Bridge mode and what it does. And as far as the IP address for the fpp do you use the wlan0 IP address or the lan0 IP address which in my case are different. The wireless IP address is my home net work (xxx.xxx.1.xxx and the ethernet IP address is my show network (xxx.xxx.2.xxx). At least I have about 7 months to figure it out lol. I wish some one had a video from start to finish on how to set it up lol.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast