Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thinking of using P10 Panels

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thinking of using P10 Panels

I am in the process of try to figure out how to possibly use P10 panels for a matrix. I am wondering how this would be setup in vixen 3 for the preview setup and also the display setup.
    Thanks for any help.

Post Thanks / Like

Red face Re: Thinking of using P10 Panels

I have a 2x3 matrix, nothing big. I use Vixen 3 for it as well. Here is what I did in the setup display tab:

Here are my preview settings:
    you can see I have 64 pixels in length and then 48 rows.

I got my output count from the panel size c=l*w*3*pc
    c=outputs
    l=panel length in pixels
    w=panel width in pixels
    pc=panel count

ex: 32*16*3*6=9216
    Last edited by Spankyty; 02-18-2021 at 12:36 PM.
    Crazy Light Addict.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Thinking of using P10 Panels

Just my two cents. Maybe you are planning this but you probably will want to run the matrix as an FPP remote. Bridge mode is ok for wired networks. You might also consider using the P5 panels for better resolution.

Post Thanks / Like

not sure how big your going but a cheap 65 inch tv is way cheaper than p5 or p10 panel and work as good maybe even better and easier to do than those panel and dont worry on both case you need to make it water proof
    cheer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by barbotte View Post
    not sure how big your going but a cheap 65 inch tv is way cheaper than p5 or p10 panel and work as good maybe even better and easier to do than those panel and dont worry on both case you need to make it water proof
    cheer
    Yes, but the big question is how do you get your images, effects, and video to display on that TV size with a good resolution? If you set up a Virtual Display, that is easily going to be over a million channels -- I know, I've been playing with setting something like this up.

Post Thanks / Like

i have 2 55 inch tv and i have no problem with any virtual effect at all

Post Thanks / Like

i have 2 55 inch tv and i have no problem with any virtual effect at all
    Hi Henry
    Do you have a how you did it or how to guide ?

Post Thanks / Like

I was just told recently that FPP allows you to play a video on your TV when attached to a device that has FPP loaded onto it in Remote mode. You don't even need to tell your sequencing software about the TV - set your Remote FPP device (should be a Rasp Pi) to default to HDMI output, place a video file that has the same name as the audio file in your sequence, and it automatically plays the video file on the TV. For example, you've got a Halloween sequence called Beetlejuice and your audio file is Beetlejuice.mp3. Take a video clip, name it Beetlejuice.mp4, load it onto the remote FPP device under File Manager, and it's supposed to automatically start when you start your sequence. Of course, your Master FPP device and Remote FPP device are supposed to be on the same subnet so they can communicate... But, I can't get it to work.

And, when you set up an HDTV, such as a 55", to use as a Virtual Display, in order for it to not look extremely pixelated (which defeats the purpose because otherwise why not just stick with a P5/P10 matrix?), you have to set it to something like 460x630, which comes out to well over a million channels. That's a LOT of data to try to display from your sequence using the Virtual Display model and effects.

So, yes, how are you setting up your 55" TV to display crisp and clear effects, images, and video?

Post Thanks / Like

here is a video how to do it with x light witch i assume should apply to vixen too
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEpRxWh7H1I

Post Thanks / Like

cheer
    Why am I now finding this out that you can do this...
    Crazy Light Addict.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast