Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Where to buy pixel ?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Where to buy pixel ?

Quote Originally Posted by sctwohig View Post
    I am not sure what you searched for but Aliexpress has tons of pixels as does Ray's Store on Aliexpress. For reference here is a link to Ray's store.
    https://www.aliexpress.com/store/701...ad_203195030.0

Thanks,
    Shawn
    DIYLedExpress is *not* the same as Aliexpress. DIYLed is a USA-based company running out of Minnesota (or is it Wisconsin?), and Aliexpress is Chinese. FYI, go here: https://www.diyledexpress.com/

Post Thanks / Like

Update: I just received all of my orders from RGB Man today. So even after the radio silence the orders came through. Would have been nice to have updates but at least I have the pixels now and can start building props!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stormyblade View Post
    DIYLedExpress is *not* the same as Aliexpress. DIYLed is a USA-based company running out of Minnesota (or is it Wisconsin?), and Aliexpress is Chinese. FYI, go here: https://www.diyledexpress.com/
    Sheboygan,Wisconsin !

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stormyblade View Post
    Sorry I thought you were referring to Rays store.
    Part of the problem is there is a shortage of ws2811 chips and because of this it is my understanding a lot of the US resellers have been removing pixels from their sites when they do not physically have them in stock. With the shortage of 2811 chips the manufactures have been unable to retain promised prices, so you will probably see them come and go on the US resellers sites as they get them in stock, and then removed once they sell out, at least until supplies get back to normal. One of the China manufactures indicated there is currently a 300% higher cost for the ws2811.

Thanks,
    Shawn

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sctwohig View Post
    Sorry I thought you were referring to Rays store.
    Part of the problem is there is a shortage of ws2811 chips and because of this it is my understanding a lot of the US resellers have been removing pixels from their sites when they do not physically have them in stock. With the shortage of 2811 chips the manufactures have been unable to retain promised prices, so you will probably see them come and go on the US resellers sites as they get them in stock, and then removed once they sell out, at least until supplies get back to normal. One of the China manufactures indicated there is currently a 300% higher cost for the ws2811.

Thanks,
    Shawn
    Yes, that chip shortage isn't hitting just the auto industry, is it. I'm sure many here will appreciate the heads-up/info regarding the chip shortages and how it affects our little hobby. And, please understand that I wasn't trying to be combative but rather just making sure there was no confusion as to who currently has pixels available.

And, now, come to think of it, I was just about to place a late order with a site (probably Ray because I need some customized items) and I'm a little concerned that I may not be able to get what I am asking for.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345