Thread: Vixen Exports to FPP

Post Thanks / Like

Default Vixen Exports to FPP

Hello, I wasnt sure if this was the place for this. I have 1 of my 10 sequences that I am trying to export to FPP i go through the motions and export to FPP 2+. But when I try to open the sequence in FPP it causes FPP to restart and shows a time of all 0s. If I change the export to version 1 it works but then is uncompressed. All of my other sequences work fine. Any ideas or what logs can I provide to help troubleshoot. Thanks

Edit I tried this from Vixen 3.7u1 and u2 today.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Vixen Exports to FPP

known issue. fixes are in progress. your solution is the current workaround.

2021 New Tune-to sign. New 40x27 matrix at the house. Retiring the Strip based matrix. Updating some of the old window frames to the new house. Adding two new songs.
    2020 Full sized show reworked for the new location. Only adding (famous last words) 13 RBLs that I finally got converted to using pixels
    2019 - Just moved into a new home (yet another change of plans). Will be dim but not dark. Too much to do at the new place to leave time for a show. Dim show (3000 pixels) had regular visits most nights.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyX...ttrsZNARkUce0Q

Post Thanks / Like

That problem should have been fixed in the release that came out today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jchuchla View Post
    That problem should have been fixed in the release that came out today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I saw that in the change log so I went and exported my problem sequence this afternoon and still didn't work after the upgrade to Update 2. I'll have some time tomorrow to try again and can report back. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Alright, to update this thread. I used the Export under the Main Vixen window (not within the sequence itself) and it looks to have worked today. Yesterday I did the export within the sequence and saved it locally then copied it to FPP and that did not work. But using the Export wizard did go through. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

I am unsure why it would be different between the two. They both use the same logic under the covers to create the files. The wizard just does it in bulk.