Thread: Hanging/Mounting Coro

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hanging/Mounting Coro

I'm looking at getting some coro showflakes, probably 36" or 48" for the stone front of our house but I was wondering if it would be possible to hang/mount them without putting holes into the stone or the mortar. We can get some pretty wild winds so I'm not really considering handing them on cord or string or something as I don't think they will withstand the season. I've attached an early picture when the house was being built, nothing on the house itself has changed it has just been finished and I can't find any completed photos right now. Thanks!

2017-09-10 19.40.55.JPG

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Hanging/Mounting Coro

I got nothing for you that would keep coro up in high winds. There really aren't any mounting systems that will hold up if you don't mount them. There are brick clamps/clips that support small loads vertically but probably don't do much in the other directions. You could create your own based on the size of your stones. Putting a bunch of properly constructed clamps (5 or 6 per prop?) on the brick and firmly attaching to the prop might work. I just wouldn't trust them without cords to hold the props.

Me personally, I would lower my expectations. I would say that I was going to use cords and take my chances because those large props will look so dang cool up there! It looks like you have exposed fascia boards. I would put several eye hooks (heavy ones - not cup holders) in there and create a few "clotheslines" across the front maybe even mounting in the window where they come close (thinking a thin double z bracket or maybe a piece of pvc tied off through the window kind of like those drafty door things) that would lock in the window when it is closed. Then I would drop one down the middle of the garage and tie it off on the light somehow (or maybe a "y" into the garage doors and tied off inside). Now you have enough support to hold the props.

Post Thanks / Like

I may go a little extreme, but then again I have always over engineered my projects. How I hang my coro pieces is to put them on a wire frame. I will build a frame to fit the prop and then make two matching pieces. I then put the matching pieces together. To mount the coro, I melt small holes in the bottom section around the edge and zip tie the coro to the frame. I have a bolt for each piece that comes from my house to hang the prop. We get our weather/wind near Chicago, neither piece has come off. In your case you could make a hanger that goes across the eves, attach in the middle at the window and go to the ground. It could support all of your pieces. Again, may be over the top, but I tend to build to last. I attached a thread about my wreath, I used the same frame to mount my coro wreath. I will attach pics of my coro star.

http://doityourselfchristmas.com/for...t-Wreath/page2
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mikeh65 View Post
    I may go a little extreme, but then again I have always over engineered my projects. How I hang my coro pieces is to put them on a wire frame. I will build a frame to fit the prop and then make two matching pieces. I then put the matching pieces together. To mount the coro, I melt small holes in the bottom section around the edge and zip tie the coro to the frame. I have a bolt for each piece that comes from my house to hang the prop. We get our weather/wind near Chicago, neither piece has come off. In your case you could make a hanger that goes across the eves, attach in the middle at the window and go to the ground. It could support all of your pieces. Again, may be over the top, but I tend to build to last. I attached a thread about my wreath, I used the same frame to mount my coro wreath. I will attach pics of my coro star.

http://doityourselfchristmas.com/for...t-Wreath/page2
    Where do you get the wire rods to make the frame from?