Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Xlights or vixen ?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Xlights or vixen ?

I use xLights. Tried Vixen and couldn’t get the hang of it. As said before try both to see what works best for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I downloaded both over 5 years ago but chose Vixen3 to sequence with. xLights just never made sense to me. I'm about 50 50 pixels to AC strands and no matrix unless you count Mega Pixel Tree as one. Prefer to do my own sequencing verses buying or sharing. I love it and find it easy to work with.
    I still have xLights on my computer but only open it up occasionally to see what's up. I have made spiral mini-trees models in xLights and exported it to Vixen3 this past year as I changed trees to spiral and could not find a good way to make the spiral tree in Vixen3.
    The prop editor in Vixen3 is Awesome!
    Try both for yourself and see what works for you.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
    Rayhjr I Love This Stuff!

Post Thanks / Like

I still try to use both xLights and Vixen3. Over the past several years, xLights has improved by leaps and bounds. The same can be said of Vixen. Which one is best? WOW-Loaded question. It is better to ask which one fits with your mindset. Of the very small group that sequence for our locations, I have two using Vixen (because that is all they have known), one using xLights (again, it is all she has known) and I'm in the middle - supporting both of the other camps. As far as sharing sequences, they both can. I have many sequences that were shared by those in the Vixen camp, and several that were shared in the xLights camp.

Download them both, and give them a try. Which one fits your thought processes better.

You will find the xLights group to be very vocal and active. The Vixen guys are out there as well, just a bit quieter.
    Live, Laugh, Love.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123