PDA

View Full Version : What can you bring?

LightsByGreg
03-26-2008, 04:17 PM
OK so now that we have the dates set, I need to start working on some topics for the mini. If you have something you'd like to demo or show off, please let me know. Some items from the past included: mega trees, leaping arches, multi-conductor cables, strobe lights, DIY hardware, etc etc.

Once we have some topics going, then we can work on a schedule for the weekend.

Thanks,
Greg

Jeff Millard
03-26-2008, 08:02 PM
I'm building a leaping arch winder from plans created by Robin S. and Lowell "papaLF" If I have it done in time I'll bring it and make one out of a 10' section of grey pipe...

Jeff

lbro
03-26-2008, 08:18 PM
More importantly, I am bringing COOKIES!! Peanut butter for Wayne!
I will have to think of what to bring.

Wayne J
03-26-2008, 09:12 PM
I'm building a leaping arch winder from plans created by Robin S. and Lowell "papaLF" If I have it done in time I'll bring it and make one out of a 10' section of grey pipe...

Jeff

Hmmmmm, I may have to borrow that while I'm there. LOL

Wayne J
03-26-2008, 09:13 PM
More importantly, I am bringing COOKIES!! Peanut butter for Wayne!
I will have to think of what to bring.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y122/MERC460/smileys/thumbani.gif

LightsByGreg
03-26-2008, 09:48 PM

Jeff

If it's too much trouble to carry back home you're welcome to leave it with me.

EDIT: I'll probably do a primer on DMX for all who are interested....

Macrosill
03-26-2008, 09:53 PM
I guess I will bring my usual stuff.
1. Laptop running Vixen
2. 595
3. Ren-24
4. Ren-64
5. Ren-T
6. Strobes
7. Light Arch
8. Led strings
9. Relays, 4 and 12 channel, in at least 3 different enclosures
10. Light Canons with MR16 LEDs
11. Window screen frame with lights
12. A mini tree or 2
13. Some yard signs I have and
14.Frank if he comes!!!!

Wayne J
03-26-2008, 10:07 PM
I will bring my 6 pack of Renards. LOL

and whatever else I can cram in the car.

crazylightlady
03-27-2008, 09:37 AM
I'll bring LEDs and Lynx if anyone's interested.

Jeff Millard
03-27-2008, 05:33 PM
I'll bring LEDs and Lynx if anyone's interested.

LEDs and a Lynx from the Queen of all LEDs! Of course we're interested! I can't wait!!!!! I don't want to wish my life away but c'mon July!

Wayne, You're welcome to take the winder home with you BFF! :D

Jeff

CP1
03-28-2008, 02:49 AM
Well..... Since Im one of the Noob's I guess I'll be bringing a laptop, camera, notebooks, and a whole lot of curiosity!!!!

No seriously, if theres anything that I can bring to help out, please let me know

Jeff Millard
03-28-2008, 05:55 AM
Well..... Since Im one of the Noob's I guess I'll be bringing a laptop, camera, notebooks, and a whole lot of curiosity!!!!

No seriously, if theres anything that I can bring to help out, please let me know

That's the kind of enthusiasm we're lookin' for!!!!
Jeff

LightsByGreg
03-28-2008, 10:28 PM
If you don't have anything to bring, don't worry. As long as you bring yourself, that's the most important part!

Greg

P.S. More mass PMs coming soon for updates

Jeff Millard
03-30-2008, 07:41 PM
I'd also like to say if anyone has any good ideas for door prizes from individuals or vendors we need to discuss that too. You can PM me or Greg as we will have to be the ones that beg the vendors...LOL

Thanks,
Jeff

Wayne J
03-30-2008, 08:15 PM
hmmm.... I can offer up....

one shiney Red mini bulb
one brand new copy of Vixen software
one black 4" zip tie

thats about it.

:p

ben
03-30-2008, 08:17 PM

ROTFLMAO

Ben

Jeff Millard
03-31-2008, 12:59 PM

one shiney Red mini bulb
one black 4" zip tie

thats about it.

:p

Don't worry Wayne, I'll have yer SSR/everything else tester prototype and you can show and tell that! Oh, and I'll bring 2 AA batteries so you can make the shiney red mini bulb blinky...

Jeff

ron d
04-08-2008, 07:43 PM
for all you flyers fans maybe we get get one of the pittsburgh penguins to bring the stanley cup so you can see it for the first time in over 30 years.

DownTown
04-08-2008, 10:34 PM
for all you flyers fans maybe we get get one of the pittsburgh penguins to bring the stanley cup so you can see it for the first time in over 30 years.

Dude - if you can get the Cup there, I will kiss your dirty skates... :p

D.T.

DownTown
04-08-2008, 10:38 PM
If anyone is interested, I can bring my red/yellow/green columns in the handy foldaway package, and I can talk about how I hang my 2 mega trees with no center posts. I can also bring a couple of my light cannonsĀ© to add to the discussion. Let me know if there is any other part of my display that anyone would like to see/discuss.

You can see my videos at http://lightsonchelsea.home.comcast.net

D.T.

Macrosill
04-08-2008, 11:04 PM
DT,
Bring all you can fit in the car!

edit: Nice to see you here!!! Welcome.

Jeff Millard
04-09-2008, 06:16 PM

The Flyers have fans? Oh yeah, Bobby Clarke isn't the GM any more.. their public relations are probably improving...;)

Dave, bring them rooftop mini trees. As many good ideas as we can get. I can't wait to see you again!

Jeff

jeffandnicole
04-11-2008, 10:24 PM
I've sent Jeff a PM...I have a LOR 16 channel unit with 3 channels having problems - 2 channels stay on continously; a 3rd channel the triad (I believe) caught fire. There's a short story behind that, but I will say it happened in June of last year, not December!!!

Wayne J
04-11-2008, 10:55 PM
Do we have any sort of agenda started yet? Just wondering what may or may not be discussed.

Jeff Millard
04-12-2008, 07:01 AM
That's a good point Wayne. Greg, cnote has been looking into developing the mini web page. Can you provide him with an outline of the stuff we've discussed here that he can apply to an agenda page. If anyone has a specific time they need to do something they've offered up, you need to edit that into your post here so we can set those times in the agenda. Jeff Taylor's LOR board repair need to be early, like before 11am as he will be leaving for the Meadowlands after noon time.

Jeff

PS In addition to this, cnote has requested to use photos from the pictures Greg, Ron and I took during the last to meets. I gave him the names and usernames of the members of the specific photo he offered up. So be looking for a request from him to use your likeness in the webpage he is creating for the mini. I am so relieved he has offered to share his talent to create this page. So many ideas and so little time...

ron d
04-12-2008, 11:16 AM
14 more wins to the cup. I went last night and also last sunday in philly to witness those fans beg like a 2 dollar (EDIT: by Mod for language...) offering to give change back.

lbro
04-12-2008, 05:29 PM
I never liked anyone named Ron:-)

lbro
04-12-2008, 05:30 PM
Greg, If you need help with the schedule, let me know!

thebiggKM
04-14-2008, 04:46 PM
I am making some wire frame Letters for "Merry Christmas" . I used some templates from PC. I will bring the files and a couple of completed letters.

I was also thinking of buying the EMD LCD FM transmitter. I was wondering if I could get some help on soldering the unit. The techs at my last job use to call be me blow torch and never let me solder anything unless it was some worthless piece of equipment.

Ronp
04-14-2008, 05:31 PM
sorry lou,

thebiggKM I'm sure we could get someone to help you out there..I'm good at talking people into doing something the really don't want to lol

Wayne J
04-14-2008, 06:38 PM
I am making some wire frame Letters for "Merry Christmas" . I used some templates from PC. I will bring the files and a couple of completed letters.

I was also thinking of buying the EMD LCD FM transmitter. I was wondering if I could get some help on soldering the unit. The techs at my last job use to call be me blow torch and never let me solder anything unless it was some worthless piece of equipment.

The 'blowtorch' ! ROFL

I used to feel that way about myself. :oops:
Just some practice, and you will get the feel of it.;)

wbuehler
04-20-2008, 10:24 PM
Hello All

I was talking with Wayne this weekend and he suggest that we car (Or in Wayne's case Truck) pool. It sounded like a good ideal to me
I would like to attend the Mini and bring the following items for all to see

1. Lynx Dongle
2. Lynx Dimmer
3. FreeStyle Beta and Production Boards
4. DMX to Grinch Converter
5. Grinch
6. SSR16
7. SSR4's

If anyone would like I can also do an Epoxy Star on site and kind of a live how to.

Let me know what you think

Bill

Wayne J
04-20-2008, 11:13 PM
Hello All

I was talking with Wayne this weekend and he suggest that we car (Or in Wayne's case Truck) pool. It sounded like a good ideal to me
I would like to attend the Mini and bring the following items for all to see

1. Lynx Dongle
2. Lynx Dimmer
3. FreeStyle Beta and Production Boards
4. DMX to Grinch Converter
5. Grinch
6. SSR16
7. SSR4's

If anyone would like I can also do an Epoxy Star on site and kind of a live how to.

Let me know what you think

Bill

Cool idea, I would like to see that.

Macrosill
04-21-2008, 10:00 AM

If anyone would like I can also do an Epoxy Star on site and kind of a live how to....

Bill

I would like to see that.

Jeff Millard
07-08-2008, 01:54 PM
I have accidentally come into posession of 5 unpopulated XMUS/wJohn 16 channel Renard dimming co-op boards. They will be for sale at the mini. You can hold off the discussion about this until the day of the mini. That way everyone will get a chance to see this message before then. I believe John wants $7.50 each for them... if not I'll make up the differance for being so absent minded... I might also have some of Frank's 24 channel boards up for grabs too, but that hasn't been completely decided yet.

Jeff

thebiggKM
07-11-2008, 02:04 PM
I just read the news letter and saw Marcosill,s description on how to build a light cannon. Brian I hope you will be bringing one of these. I would really like to see how much light the MR16 throw off. I didn't add to much to my display this year, but I am thinking that MR16 would be nice for next year.

Macrosill
07-13-2008, 06:03 PM
I have a few DIYC branded items I am going to bring for a raffle at the mini. There will be a 25.00 ticket fee for the raffle. Just kidding, it's free, lol. I will be excluded of course.