PDA

View Full Version : Dates

LightsByGreg
02-28-2008, 08:32 PM
***DATES SET-JULY 26-27***
It seems this is the most common date, so the decision is final: JULY 26-27
Saturday will have most of the festivities and Sunday will be for the follow ups/people who can't come Saturday/etc.

Thanks,
Greg

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___
OK, here are the dates that the Mini+ is possible. I've had quite a bit of nagging. I'm sorry for the time it took, but I think I've got it worked out.

The Mini can be either a Saturday or Sunday (or both!) on one of the following weekends:
July 12-13
July 26-27
August 2-3
August 9-10

A couple people mentioned that they could only come if it was on a Sunday. I need to know your thoughts on any of these dates.

Thanks a lot,
Greg

EDIT: I should have made the dates separate. Please reply to let me know if you can make it only saturday, only sunday, both, etc....
THANKS!

Jeff Millard
02-28-2008, 08:47 PM
I got the first vote in, I got the first vote in...

Nyahhh, :D

Saturday only for me Thank you,

Jeff

LightsByGreg
02-28-2008, 08:49 PM
Ha, you even beat me to it!

Greg

crazylightlady
02-28-2008, 09:27 PM
Got my vote in, can't wait to see everyone.

One question, it's not a TCL/CCL function is it?

Wayne J
02-28-2008, 09:35 PM
I voted, and I can stay both days. :)

Jeff Millard
02-29-2008, 07:56 AM
One question, it's not a TCL/CCL function is it?

Absolutely not! This is an independent event. Combining members of PC and DIYC. These folks are the friendly ones who try to get along.

Once the weekend is chosen, those that discussed camping please get in touch with me so we can reserve places right on the lake. 35, 36 and 39 are weekend sites right on the lake.

Here's the link to the campground. (http://www.hospitalitycreek.com/)

Jeff

LightsByGreg
02-29-2008, 08:30 AM
One thing to add, the "Mini +" is really just a name. I probably won't even follow all Chuck's guidelines for hosting. I know some people are not too happy with PC, so the "PlanetChristmas" name does not apply. A better name would have to be "A Christmas Convention that happens to include some PC members"

Thanks,
Greg

lbro
02-29-2008, 09:07 AM
I'm in, I can make both days.
Whatever you need help with, let me know!
Lou

ka3tno
02-29-2008, 09:17 AM
Hello Greg

Any Sunday is good for me. We work on Saturdays.

Kevin @ Stonybrook Lights

Macrosill
02-29-2008, 09:32 AM
Well its about time Greg! LOL, j/k. I am only off the 1st weekend but I can get off easily so plan the event around other schedules. I will be there on any of those dates, short of something extreme. Saturday or Sunday if fine for me. I would suggest a date is settled on rather quickly as some have already expressed concern since their summer weekends are starting to fill up already. I get excited about this event every year. I am looking forward to see all my friends and make some new ones as well.

thebiggKM
02-29-2008, 02:43 PM
Any of the Saturdays in July would be the best. I still would come on Sunday, just might have to miss church.

Ronp
02-29-2008, 05:59 PM
Why not this date? Saturday, July 19th Christmas In July! Decorate your campsite! At night, come back to the pavilion for the Mummers Show!
I just thought it would be cool to have the mini and setup the campsite.

Jeff Millard
02-29-2008, 09:44 PM
Oh don't worry, I'll be participating in the CIJ deal. Last year was a big failure when the squirrels ate the blue LEDs... but this year we plan to take as much of the display as the new 50Amp circuit (we'll have access to 2 of them) will handle. I hope to be able to use Ren24 Grinch and 595 boards for this. Kind of a prequel to the LOR swapover. It would be nice, but it's not one of the weekends Greg chose... Regardless... I wouldn't be able to attend the mini due to this event anyway... You're also welcome to come and spend the entire week too! I'd be willing to schedule some vacation for that kind of good fortune!!!
Jeff

LightsByGreg
03-01-2008, 07:58 AM
I could probably do the 19th but I'd have to work it out with my parents. I'll let you know...

Jeff Millard
03-01-2008, 09:12 AM
As I stated... having it on the weekend of the 19th would mean I would be unable to attend the mini...
Jeff

LightsByGreg
03-01-2008, 01:42 PM
OK, guess I won't do that then.

Thanks,
Greg

Macrosill
03-03-2008, 10:12 PM
I noticed we have 34 people listed to attend but only 14 votes. Is there something I can do to help you out Greg?

LightsByGreg
03-04-2008, 04:55 PM
Yes, I have a big spreadsheet that has everyone's contacts on it (or at least those that gave me the extra info) and I will be sending out emails/PMs.

Stay Tuned!

OK, PMs are out to all the DIYCers that I think may not have voted.

CP1
03-07-2008, 04:08 AM
Greg,
Well the wife has agreed to come out as I stated BUT...... Shes insisting on a motel. I was wondering. I think I found one pretty close to the campground. Are you firmiliar with this one? Econo Lodge Williamstown
1408 South Black Horse Pike B
Williamstown, NJ 08094 US

Jeff Millard
03-07-2008, 11:27 AM
Let me see if I can find something a little closer to Greg's house. The Econolodge you mentioned is about 45 minutes from his place. East Vineland and North Millville near Rt 55 is a much better chioce. I believe there is a nice Ramada on Landis Ave. @ Rt 55 which isn't more than ten or twenty minutes from Greg's.
Jeff

Edit: Nope, that's a Wyndham (http://www.wingateinns.com/Wingate/control/Booking/modify_dates?id=12254&propBrandId=WG&variant=) I was thinking of. There's a Holiday Inn Express (http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/ex/1/en/hotel/vnlcm?rpb=hotel&crUrl=/h/d/ex/1/en/hotelsearchresults) at Rt 47 and Rt 55 about 15 mins from Greg's (He lives near Parvin State Park (http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Parvin+state+park+NJ&rls=com.microsoft:*:IE-SearchBox&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&sourceid=ie7&um=1&sa=N&tab=wl) If you switch this map view to Sattelite, and zoom out one... you can see Pittsgrove Twp.)

LightsByGreg
03-07-2008, 07:54 PM
Ok let me chime in here. As mentioned, I do live right by Parvin State Park....in fact if you look at the map you'll see "Running Deer Golf Club" and that is right where I live.

As for hotels, the Ramada is still there, and the Wingate is right next to it. The drive is about 7 minutes from the hotel to my house. The Holiday Inn Express is about 15 minutes away from me, right next to the Cumberland Mall. I pass all of these almost every day and they are all easy to get to and from.

Here (http://www.ramada.com/Ramada/control/Booking/check_avail?brandCode=RA,MQ,DI,HJ,KG,SE,TL,BU&searchWithinMiles=25&areaType=1&destination=vineland&stateName=New%20Jersey&state=NJ&countryName=United%20States&country=US&checkInDate=03/07&numberAdults=1&numberRooms=1&checkOutDate=03/08&numberChildren=0&rateName=Best%20Avail&rate=000&variant=&id=01013&propBrandId=RA&force_nostay=false)is the link to the Ramada.

There are also a few motels in Millville that keep changing owners but I think the three above are nicer...

Greg

Macrosill
03-08-2008, 10:43 AM
How we looking on dates Greg? The summer weekends are starting to fill up quickly.

jcolon
03-08-2008, 10:55 AM
Newbie here,

what exactly is this "mini"? Is this to meat the members of this forum or a type of hands on training? i've read most of the post here and figured this is done anually - not sure how long this has ran for or what it covers...

thanks,
juan.

LightsByGreg
03-08-2008, 11:33 AM
Brian, I sent out PMs to all the PC members a few minutes ago so we should get some more votes soon.

Juan-
A Mini PLUS is supposed to be a regional version of PLUS, a Christmas Lights convention hosted by Chuck Smith of PlanetChristmas every 2 years. Basically, members come to meet and talk to other members and learn some of the new techniques that other members come up with. There a few display elements that are very popular... mega trees, leaping light arches, computerizing, etc, so these come heavily into discussion. Usually some members will have some How-To's...in the past we've had for example mega trees and multi-cable extension cords.

Hopefully you can come to the Philly Mini! It's definitely worth it for anybody interested in the hobby, whether you are a beginner or an expert.

Greg

jcolon
03-08-2008, 11:49 AM
Greg,

Thanks for the info...and yes i'm am interesed in attending...please keep me informed on the status of this...i have a few items planned for this summer but hopfully, the dates you set for the mini will be free for me....

Thanks,
Juan.

LightsByGreg
03-08-2008, 11:54 AM
Will do! Thanks

jeffandnicole
03-08-2008, 03:09 PM
I really need to stay more active in these threads year round. I just got way too many hobbies!!!

The 19th & 20th won't work for me (which works since it won't work for you either!), as won't the 12th and 13th...July 13th is my wife's birthday, and as much as I would think a great birthday present to her would be hanging around talking Christmas lights and such, for some reason, I think she'd rather be doing something else! But any other date, both Saturday and Sunday, should be OK.

Jeff Millard
03-08-2008, 03:12 PM
How is it that the total votes adds up to 33... and the thread reports 19 voters?
Strange...

Have we settled on July 26-27 yet? LOL
Jeff

Macrosill
03-08-2008, 03:15 PM
Because you can choose more than 1 day and each day counts as a vote. So 19 voters and that averages out to about 2 votes, or choices, per voter.

LightsByGreg
03-08-2008, 05:20 PM
Yes, please note that you can vote for more than one!

Jeffrey
03-09-2008, 08:07 AM
Another noob getting the fever here. ;) I'm going to try and get the wifey to come along since she likes little weekend get-aways. I would only be able to attend on a Saturday and my vote went towards July 26th.

Thanks for the link to the Ramada btw.

Wayne J
03-09-2008, 01:07 PM
OK... looks like this shindig is going to happen on my Birthday weekend.... who's got CAKE?! :p

LightsByGreg
03-09-2008, 06:13 PM
Well, we do have COOKIES!

crazylightlady
03-09-2008, 07:02 PM
I really need to stay more active in these threads year round. I just got way too many hobbies!!!

...July 13th is my wife's birthday.

Wow! My hubby and his dad also share July 13th as their birthdays! And they're both on fridays. Very lucky day in my book.

lbro
03-09-2008, 08:55 PM
OK... looks like this shindig is going to happen on my Birthday weekend.... who's got CAKE?! :p

Greg is right, COOKIES, what is your favorite?

Wayne J
03-09-2008, 10:10 PM
Greg is right, COOKIES, what is your favorite?

Peanut Butter Cookies :D

LightsByGreg
03-14-2008, 08:35 PM
***DATES SET-JULY 26-27***
It seems this is the most common date, so the decision is final: JULY 26-27
Saturday will have most of the festivities and Sunday will be for the follow ups/people who can't come Saturday/etc.

Thanks,
Greg

jeffandnicole
03-15-2008, 05:16 AM
Cool. When do tickets go on sale? Do I stand in line or are they available thru a special Mini-Tix website? Do you have special back-stage passes? A Meet-and-Greet with the main members? Opening Acts? :D:D:D;););)

Wayne J
03-15-2008, 11:59 AM
Will there be CAKE??!!

michaelc
03-15-2008, 09:28 PM
Greg:

I've been away from the christmas stuff for awhile, but I'm planning on attending. I've been trying to get my side DJ business back on it's feet.

Looking forward to seeing what everyone else is up to.

Thanks
Michael

LightsByGreg
03-17-2008, 08:18 PM
Tickets are available in a limited number and cost $500 each. (JK)

The cookies are so good you won't want cake, but I might get some anyway for your Birthday :).

Michael, I Can't to see you and everyone else!

Greg

CP1
03-18-2008, 03:15 AM
Hey Greg.... Yep another noob question here....Are we allowed to bring things and ask for guidence on our wiring to make sure that we're doing it right...(and maybe a little wiring how-to info? :) ). Also is there a possibility that there may be one of those LED Triks there too to look at......inside and out... he he he

jcolon
03-18-2008, 10:05 AM
How do we sign up to attend this mini? Also maybe a list for all that plan to attend and what they hope to get out of the mini? Topics, examples, setup demos, and a list of each attending person ( maybe with a short list of what the have done, so us newbies can prep our 4000 questions :D )

For example:

I am a newbiee, just got an 595 about a month ago planning to make this dimmable, and build the ssr's by october - just looking to attend the mini to gain knowledge and info from the other members.

Thanks,
Juan.

LightsByGreg
03-19-2008, 12:51 AM
CP1, I'm sure as long as you don't take up too much time somebody will be willing to help you out with wiring. Last year we had an LEDtrix but idk about this year.

jcolon, no sign up needed as long as you show interest and I add you to the list (which I believe I did already). I'll be getting topics together soon so stay tuned!

Thanks,
Greg

Wayne J
03-19-2008, 06:41 PM
Hey Greg.... Yep another noob question here....Are we allowed to bring things and ask for guidence on our wiring to make sure that we're doing it right...(and maybe a little wiring how-to info? :) ). Also is there a possibility that there may be one of those LED Triks there too to look at......inside and out... he he he

If RonP shows up, I'm sure he will bring one of his LedTriks

What are you wiring?