Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: DMX setup

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: DMX setup

A dmx channel value is just a dmx channel value. So if the falcon controller activates it, youíre correct, the wiring should be fine. From there itís a matter of getting vixen to put the right data in the right channel slot. I assume youíre using the full white test pattern on the falcon. That puts out a value of 255 on all channels. Have you tried 255 in your custom value effect in vixen?
    Are you sure youíre patching to the correct channels?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

if the controller itself in test mode makes it work, then it is almost certain to be a configuration issue. diubke check the mapping of input to output on the controller.

Post Thanks / Like

I was mobile earlier and didn't have time for a detailed response. Depending on how the device responds, the response between 100 and 255 could be night and day. Especially when converting an integer to a boolean. If the device only supports on and off, some devices treat anything less than 128 as off and greater than 127 as on. Other devices will treat any nonzero value as on and zero as off. Your manual doesn't specify how it behaves. (and that's typical of cheap chinese devices) But you do know that 255 from the test mode works.

Just know that when using custom values in vixen, the literal value you put into the effect is what's going to get sent out. DMX, and sACN, and FPP files only support 8 bit values. That is a value in the range of 0 to 255.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi yes my Beamz S1500 works fine now and I can acutally ajust the value of smoke from my Vixen sequence, so thanks for the help on that.

I will try to get a terminator.

Post Thanks / Like

I am using the white effect in Falcon controller test mode to make the machine work. I tried with the custom value 255 in vixen but without luck. Properly the wiring setup is wrong. I was thinking that I should also be able to trigger the machine from testmode in the Falcon player, but I am not. I am attached some more screenshots maybe someone has an idea what could be wrong. It must be possible to create the white test effect on a falcon PLAYER the correct setup and then I would be a single step closer.
    Dmx_10.JPG
    Dmx_11.jpg
    Dmx_12.jpg
    Dmx_13.JPG
    Dmx_14.JPG

I asked the factory about settings and got this reply:
    Good afternoon,

The dipswitches on de S1800 is binary but you have to 1 .

DMX-channel settings

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Dip switch.

Dip-10 ON is switching on DMX- address

Dip-10 OFF DMX setting is set to address 1.

When Dip-10 is on you can set the address with the dip 1 to 8.

It is binary, but you have to add one to the address.

For example:

Dip – Settings Address

0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 1

1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 2

0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 3

1 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 4

0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 5

1 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 6

0 1 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 7

1 1 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 8

0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 1 9

Etc.

1 1 1 1 0 0 0 0 0 1 16

0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 1 17

1 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 1 18

I have tried to set pin 1 and 10 on without luck also pin 10 on only without luck and pin 1 on only without luck. Falcon controller test mode works in all 3 settings.
    Last edited by larsande; 07-21-2021 at 02:55 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

your problem is in your e1.31 or port output setup. once the controller test mode worked, your problem was no longer a dmx issue. on the controler, test pure rgb one at a time. post the results and the controller config screens for e1.31 and the ports

2021 New Tune-to sign. New 40x27 matrix at the house. Retiring the Strip based matrix. Updating some of the old window frames to the new house. Adding two new songs.
    2020 Full sized show reworked for the new location. Only adding (famous last words) 13 RBLs that I finally got converted to using pixels
    2019 - Just moved into a new home (yet another change of plans). Will be dim but not dark. Too much to do at the new place to leave time for a show. Dim show (3000 pixels) had regular visits most nights.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/MartinMueller2003

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Martin thanks for your reply really appriciate your guys taking your time. So if I understand your statement "test pure rgb one at a time" on the controller then the result looks like this:
    Possible testmodes on controller is this:
    Dmx_20.JPG
    and the result on the possible test modes is like this:
    RGBW - works
    Red Ramp - fails
    Green Ramp -fails
    blue Ramp -fails
    White Ramp -fails
    Color wash - works (after a while)
    White - works
    chase -works

and here is the controller config for the ports
    Dmx_21.jpg

Please let me know if more information is needed or what else i should try. Maybe I misunderstood some of the suggestion made?

Post Thanks / Like

I did not see inputs on the controller. Was it posted?

Post Thanks / Like

When you write input on controller, do you mean input on falcon controller because as you can see on the screenshot below I did not settings here:

Dmx_22.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

the port config you showed is for the pixel ports. need to see your dmx output port configuration on the controller.

if you have not configured anything on the input side then fpp or any other show player has no hope of working. you showed the artnet screen. i would bet you are actually using e1.31. please show the e1.31 config screen

2021 New Tune-to sign. New 40x27 matrix at the house. Retiring the Strip based matrix. Updating some of the old window frames to the new house. Adding two new songs.
    2020 Full sized show reworked for the new location. Only adding (famous last words) 13 RBLs that I finally got converted to using pixels
    2019 - Just moved into a new home (yet another change of plans). Will be dim but not dark. Too much to do at the new place to leave time for a show. Dim show (3000 pixels) had regular visits most nights.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/MartinMueller2003

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast