Thread: DMX setup

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: DMX setup

Ok sending some more screenshots:
    Dmx_30.jpg
    Dmx_31.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

That configuration is insane. You are using 11 universes where you only need four. You are wasting your network bandwidth. At any rate, there is a clue in which test modes worked and which did not. The tests that turned on a single channel resulted in "Nothing good happening" and the tests that output data on multiple channels concurrently result in things happening.

I have a DMX spot that has this issue as well. It is because the spot needs information on multiple concurrent channels to work properly. When I was debugging my DMX Spot I used 'sACN view' to generate data using a test mode with sliders. It allowed me to adjust things in real time and see how the hardware reacted.

• Turn off FPP and vixen.
    • Use a program like sACN View to generate data for the hardware.
    • Verify that the controller is seeing the expected data stream on the status page.
    • Verify that the hardware is responding to your understanding of the data you are sending it.
      • NOTE: Your understanding may not align with the reality of the device. Start by turning on all of the channels for your device and then turn them off one at a time to see what happens. I suspect you will get some interesting results.

2021 New Tune-to sign. New 40x27 matrix at the house. Retiring the Strip based matrix. Updating some of the old window frames to the new house. Adding two new songs.
    2020 Full sized show reworked for the new location. Only adding (famous last words) 13 RBLs that I finally got converted to using pixels
    2019 - Just moved into a new home (yet another change of plans). Will be dim but not dark. Too much to do at the new place to leave time for a show. Dim show (3000 pixels) had regular visits most nights.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyX...ttrsZNARkUce0Q

Post Thanks / Like

In vixen, can you show the export screen that shows what channels you are sending?

Post Thanks / Like

Now I got control of the machine :-). Thanks to all and especially to Martin for your advices. So I started with cleaning up in the universes so I all got 4 left (it was a loaded settings from another controller). Then I installed Sacn View and made sure it could send data to the controller. I then added 255 value to all pins on the fader and nothing happend. Then I started to play around with the DIP switches as Martin suggested. When only DIP 10 is on the machine started to work. Then I started playing with the faders and found out that fader one and two just need a value. So here I can ajust from around 30 to 100 and see a difference in machine level of snow.
    Testing from Vixen sequence also works fine, which is great and last test running a seq from player also works fine.
    Last edited by larsande; 07-22-2021 at 08:26 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123