Thread: Leaping arches beginner

Post Thanks / Like

Default Leaping arches beginner

Hey everyone first of all thanks in advance for your help. Trying to introduce a new element to my Christmas display this year, leaping arches. We plan on making them with 1 inch PEX tubing and RGB strips. ThatÂ’s the easy part.. how to program them with is honestly beyond me. Does anyone have an idiots guide they could point me too about how to program, what you need, and all of that.. I am not coordinating them to any music, simply want them to bounce back and forth down the lawn. How many Channels and programming is all new to me. Hoping someone can walk me through everything in the simplistic form possible. Thanks!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Leaping arches beginner

No other pixels? Then you will need a controller. Depending on the controller, you will need a sequencer. For a standalone prop as you describe, you might want to have a look at an ESP based controller and WLED. WLED has a variety of effects included with the software and you can pick which to run by going to a web site running on the ESP hardware. So, very easy to try out. If you don't like the effects in WLED, then the hardware would be usable with either Vixen or xlights but then you would need a player as well.

Search WLED, watch some videos, get some ESP based hardware and give it a try.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Leaping arches beginner

WLED will run on ESPixelStick and PixelPop (among others) hardware. That gives you a way forward when you want a show that is a bit more synchronized.

2021 New Tune-to sign. New 40x27 matrix at the house. Retiring the Strip based matrix. Updating some of the old window frames to the new house. Adding two new songs.
    2020 Full sized show reworked for the new location. Only adding (famous last words) 13 RBLs that I finally got converted to using pixels
    2019 - Just moved into a new home (yet another change of plans). Will be dim but not dark. Too much to do at the new place to leave time for a show. Dim show (3000 pixels) had regular visits most nights.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/MartinMueller2003