Thread: Light for tune to sign?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Light for tune to sign?

What do you all use to light up your old fashioned painted tune to signs? Mine is an old metal frame real estate sign. Top has website, middle has tune to and bottom is empty. For the past few years I have used a simple flood light stake but it is way brighter than it needs to be and its not a big deal, but the light shines all over the grass and sometimes the house behind it. Id like to upgrade for this year to something that only lights up the sign. Also I have some LED C7s around the sign and it is so bright you dont reaally see them too much. I was thinking some LED strip around the signs pointing inwards but Im looking for some other options also. Doesnt need to be RGB or anything, I use all old lights so single color is best.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Light for tune to sign?

Here is a RGB one, if you use pixels than you could take it apart and use it as a dumb pixel port. https://www.amazon.com/Equivalent-La...-12&th=1&psc=1

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Diyermaker View Post
    Here is a RGB one, if you use pixels than you could take it apart and use it as a dumb pixel port. https://www.amazon.com/Equivalent-La...-12&th=1&psc=1
    I dont use any kind of pixels, but I know you can get them in white only which is what I want. I think it will have the same problem as what I am using now. If you would have read the whole post you would have seen that I am looking for something that will shine only on the sign and not on the grass or house behind it. But maybe if I mounted it right on the sign? Im not sure how that would work. I think something flat like some type of light bar shining directly up from the bottom of the sign would be best.

Post Thanks / Like

You might want to think about having the light bar on the top side of the sign. That way any light spillage would go down on the lawn rather than on the house or props behind. Something dimmable would be best so you can adjust the brightness to your needs.
    2012 - 1st year 64 Channels - 7500 LED lights - 5 sequences
    2013 - 128 Channels - 10,000 LED lights - 7 sequences (2 New)
    2014 - 201 Channels - upgrading 8 Arches to dumb RGB - 8+ sequences (1+ New)
    2015 - 240 Channels + 8 Universes - sequences TBD
    2016 - No Display
    2017 - Back in the Game - 240 Renard Channels + 12 Universes
    2018 - 256 Renard and 9 Falcon Outputs of Pixels - 16 sequences shown over 2 nights
    2019 - 256 Renard and 9 Falcon Outputs of Pixels - 16 sequences shown over 2 nights
    2020 - Emergency Conversion to Falcon F48 with limited wireless

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TomL8345 View Post
    You might want to think about having the light bar on the top side of the sign. That way any light spillage would go down on the lawn rather than on the house or props behind. Something dimmable would be best so you can adjust the brightness to your needs.
    Oh yeah, 2 good ideas. If the light bar is on the bottom it may just go into the sky and not hit the house or props, but if it does it should be on the bottom.

Post Thanks / Like

Im looking at wall washers but they are kinda espensive.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/14338332307...QAAOxyB9RS0R4x

Post Thanks / Like

How about something like this?
    https://www.lowes.com/pd/LEEKI-10-Wa...ite/5001755061

I am not sure if it is dimmable, but you could try it and return it if it is not.
    2012 - 1st year 64 Channels - 7500 LED lights - 5 sequences
    2013 - 128 Channels - 10,000 LED lights - 7 sequences (2 New)
    2014 - 201 Channels - upgrading 8 Arches to dumb RGB - 8+ sequences (1+ New)
    2015 - 240 Channels + 8 Universes - sequences TBD
    2016 - No Display
    2017 - Back in the Game - 240 Renard Channels + 12 Universes
    2018 - 256 Renard and 9 Falcon Outputs of Pixels - 16 sequences shown over 2 nights
    2019 - 256 Renard and 9 Falcon Outputs of Pixels - 16 sequences shown over 2 nights
    2020 - Emergency Conversion to Falcon F48 with limited wireless

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TomL8345 View Post
    How about something like this?
    https://www.lowes.com/pd/LEEKI-10-Wa...ite/5001755061

I am not sure if it is dimmable, but you could try it and return it if it is not.
    Diyermaker already mentioned something like that. I have something similar lying around so I will test it tonight to see if I can position it so that I don't get any overspill behind it.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I think that will work, I'm still getting a lot of light behind it but at least it's dimmer.