Thread: FPP V4 event trigger from Vixen 3

Post Thanks / Like

Default FPP V4 event trigger from Vixen 3

Help please! I’m new and working toward my first Christmas display. I’m trying to play videos on a FPP triggered from Vixen3. I’ve been able to build scripts in the FPP and play them to a TV screen via the HDMI port. When I test the script portion I can start and stop the videos via the scripts I pulled from the library. I’ve also been able to configure an event in the FPP and start the videos by running the event from the FPP. The stop event doesn’t work however. I’m running Vixen version 3.7u4 and FPP V4.6.1

I’ve been trying every configuration I’ve found online to try to trigger the event from Vixen but I’ve not had any luck. I’ve configured the FPP as a E131 controller in Vixen as 2 elements and I’ve tried the FPP in standalone and bridge mode. I’ve configured 2 Vixen 3 custom elements and I’ve tried using value’s of both 10’s, both 1’s, each as a 1 and the other as a 10, but I get nothing.

In the FPP I’ve configured event ID 1/1 with the command to Run Script and pointed to the script I want to run. If I select the event and click on trigger event in the FPP it will play to the hdmi device. In the event screen I’ve tried setting the major and minor fields to 0/0, 1/1, and 10/10. I’ve also tried checking the legacy 10X multiplier field. The control board I’m using is a SanDevices E682.

I’ve tried building the sequence and running it from the PC to the FPP as a test but nothing. Is this a valid test?
    Last edited by scbulldog; 05-03-2021 at 07:22 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: FPP V4 event trigger from Vixen 3

Here are a couple of the more useful links I've found, but they are older and refer to different version and options in the FPP and Vixen.

https://diychristmas.org/vb5/node/7365
    http://doityourselfchristmas.com/for...om-Vixen/page2

Post Thanks / Like

It sounds like you should have this working.

When you ran bridge mode, did you have inputs configured? When you run standalone, did you get lights to turn on (so the config is correctly setup) or no lights configured on this rpi?

Maybe some screen shots of the various things that you have configured will trigger something for someone.

Post Thanks / Like

I have tried setting up the input and output sections on the FPP. One post said to use the output but don't enable it. It seems to me that in bridge mode the FPP would see the data as inputs, so I tried setting it up as inputs as well. One concern I have is on the FPP status page I can't see anything counting up on the packets received. Should I be seeing packets count up? If I switch the FPP to Standalone mode I get a warning message that the FPP has received E1.31 packets. Right now this Pi is only being tested to play the video. The current configuration is a laptop with V3 running connected to a single FPP, and the FPP is connected to a monitor via the HDMI port. I will attach some screen shots as well. Thanks for the help!!

FPP-out.jpg
    Fpp-jn.jpg
    FPP-Status.PNG
    FPP-Events.PNG
    V3-Controller.PNG

Post Thanks / Like

Here are some additional shots of the configuration I've tried. I worked on getting sACNView loaded last night, but ran into a windows 10 bug. I finally was able to get it running, but I didn't see anything. I'm wanting to see if I have E1.31 traffic, and if so what's it's addressing? Should I be able to see the traffic with sACNView running on the same laptop I'm outputting V3 on? I don't want to get down a rabbit hole, but I'm stuck.

V3-Controller-2.PNG
    V3-Elements.PNG
    V3-Seq.PNG

Post Thanks / Like

I was able to get the triggers to work tonight.... Whew! I was able to get sACNView working on my PC after re-loading files (Windows bug). I was able to confirm my FPP was not seeing any data from Vixen3. The status page counters were not showing anything. I had enabled the output channels as listed in some older posts for what I assume is an older version of code. I deleted the output page entry and used the channel input page. I also had to reboot the FPP player and while sending test signals from sCANView I started seeing data hit the FPP. I was then able to start messing with the channel values and the custom values to trigger my videos. I unchecked the legacy 10X box and set my ID to 1/1 and my V3 custom values to 1 and 1 and the magic happened.

I've not been able to get the event to work that stops the video, but I figure it needs the path set or some command is missing from the script. The stop script will work when tested in the FPP, but the Event itself doesn't work in the FPP.

I also want to see what has to be done to switch the FPP to standalone mode, and what changes need to be made to run in Master/remote modes. I have 2 more Pi's on order. I'm thinking 1 to run the show and the other 2 remote with projectors?

FPP-Events.PNG
    FPP-Inputs.jpg
    V3-Seq.PNG