Thread: How do I change the start location of a pixel matrix?

Post Thanks / Like

Default How do I change the start location of a pixel matrix?

I am building a P5 panel matrix. I was wondering if there is a way to change the start location from the lower left to the upper left or right in the vixen preview setup? Thanks for any help in this matter. Tomas041857

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: How do I change the start location of a pixel matrix?

Jon or Jeff might be better suited to answer this... however, you can drag the matrix/grid any direction you want. The problem is most things will then be backwards or upside down. If you change the effect from strings to locations, then it should display properly.

Post Thanks / Like

The matrix does not care where you put output 1. You tell FPP your start location in the “LED Panel Layout”. The Model Start Corner has nothing to do with your arrangement or wiring. It is where your sequencers starts, and FPP adjusts for that.

Proper settings for Model Start is: Top Left for xLights, and Bottom Left for Vixen
    In Lights Therapy

Post Thanks / Like

Everything in Vixen expects pixel 1 to be the lower left so you want to stick with that. However your matrix can be physically wired however you want. You just have to adjust for the modeled prop to the physical in how it is patched. The patching maps the physical to the virtual in the model.