Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ESPixelstick playing sequence without FPP?

Post Thanks / Like

Default ESPixelstick playing sequence without FPP?

I built the Navy coro prop from Boscoyo for my dad that I'm lighting using an ESPixelstick and I thought I had seen last year there were plans to update the ESPixelstick to be able to run sequences on startup instead of requiring FPP or something similar. I don't see the option in 3.2, or on the list of things added in 4.0. I thought this would keep the setup super simple for my dad.

Does anyone know if that ever happened or if I'm misremembering? If I can't do it with an ESPixelstick, any other suggestions? I could wire up a Pi Zero with FPP on to the prop, but that just seems like overkill...

Thanks!
    -Chris

2012: 3 Renard SS24's for 72 channels... 6236 lights... powered by HLS
    2014: 3 Renard SS24's, 1 SS16, 2 REN RGB+w, 1 E6804, 32 FAST tubes... 7,000+ lights & 200 pixels... powered by FPP & HLS

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: ESPixelstick playing sequence without FPP?

Quote Originally Posted by Heldwhat Christmas View Post
    I built the Navy coro prop from Boscoyo for my dad that I'm lighting using an ESPixelstick and I thought I had seen last year there were plans to update the ESPixelstick to be able to run sequences on startup instead of requiring FPP or something similar. I don't see the option in 3.2, or on the list of things added in 4.0. I thought this would keep the setup super simple for my dad.

Does anyone know if that ever happened or if I'm misremembering? If I can't do it with an ESPixelstick, any other suggestions? I could wire up a Pi Zero with FPP on to the prop, but that just seems like overkill...

Thanks!
    It did happen, but you need to use Shelby’s ESPixelStick V3. It has a provision for a microSD which holds the sequence files Can not be done on just any ESP device

Edit: ESP Flash Tool TRAVIS-CI
    https://github.com/forkineye/ESPixel...775cca4506ccfb
    seems to work fine with V3 hardware, but code is still beta, and does not work an pre V3 style ESP devices
    Last edited by mrGrumpy; 04-16-2021 at 08:02 AM.
    In Lights Therapy

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrGrumpy View Post
    It did happen, but you need to use Shelby’s ESPixelStick V3. It has a provision for a microSD which holds the sequence files Can not be done on just any ESP device
    I believe one of these will work with Esp32 Lonlin Pro.

https://github.com/forkineye/ESPixelStick/tree/unify
    https://github.com/MartinMueller2003...ick/tree/unify

Post Thanks / Like

espixelstick V4 software runs on V3 hardware and supports playing fseq files from an sd card inserted into the v3 base card. the sw can also be installed on the lolin pro cards which have sd card holders.

2021 New Tune-to sign. New 40x27 matrix at the house. Retiring the Strip based matrix. Updating some of the old window frames to the new house. Adding two new songs.
    2020 Full sized show reworked for the new location. Only adding (famous last words) 13 RBLs that I finally got converted to using pixels
    2019 - Just moved into a new home (yet another change of plans). Will be dim but not dark. Too much to do at the new place to leave time for a show. Dim show (3000 pixels) had regular visits most nights.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyX...ttrsZNARkUce0Q

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angus40 View Post
    yes the v4 software runs on an esp32 platform. esp32 adds a 2nd output for pixels

2021 New Tune-to sign. New 40x27 matrix at the house. Retiring the Strip based matrix. Updating some of the old window frames to the new house. Adding two new songs.
    2020 Full sized show reworked for the new location. Only adding (famous last words) 13 RBLs that I finally got converted to using pixels
    2019 - Just moved into a new home (yet another change of plans). Will be dim but not dark. Too much to do at the new place to leave time for a show. Dim show (3000 pixels) had regular visits most nights.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone! I do have a few of the V3 pixelsticks so just swapped my v2 one with the v3, and put my fseq and xsq files on an sd card

Any thoughts on the difference between Martin and Travis's branch and which would be preferred for this? (It doesn't look like fw 3.2 supports)
    -Chris

2012: 3 Renard SS24's for 72 channels... 6236 lights... powered by HLS
    2014: 3 Renard SS24's, 1 SS16, 2 REN RGB+w, 1 E6804, 32 FAST tubes... 7,000+ lights & 200 pixels... powered by FPP & HLS

Post Thanks / Like

I did the port to v4 and the official builds are in the forkineye travis output. it is very different than v3 sw.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a bit confused, I only see Release 3.1 or 3.2 on these github sites. How do I find the v4 release of the software?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cbuxton5200 View Post
    I'm a bit confused, I only see Release 3.1 or 3.2 on these github sites. How do I find the v4 release of the software?
    Here is a snippet from the Forkineye Release page .

Our efforts have been focused getting on Unify (4.0) ready so that pretty much wraps this up.

Try the Forkineye-Unify link in post #5 for v4 .
    Last edited by angus40; 04-19-2021 at 01:03 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MartinMueller2003 View Post
    yes the v4 software runs on an esp32 platform. esp32 adds a 2nd output for pixels
    Thanks very much Martin .
    Last edited by angus40; 04-19-2021 at 01:03 PM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast