Thread: icicle pixels - coro backing or just hanging?

Post Thanks / Like

Default icicle pixels - coro backing or just hanging?

Curious on the opinion of icicle pixel design: coro backing or just hanging? I would guess the coro backing provides a bit more light at night but during the day might be more distracting. If just hanging, do you get enough light facing the street?

Anyone willing to share your experience one way or the other?

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: icicle pixels - coro backing or just hanging?

Iíve done my icicles both ways...

The first couple years I just hung them using clips and had issues with them blowing around and on top the roof even. My peak is very high so this was a pain. I also didnít care for how the pixels would point every which direction...sometimes even backwards towards the house.

Fast forward to last year and I switched to Coro from Gilbert engineering. This helped with installation a lot as Iím not a fan of being up on the ladder. I installed aluminum stand offs to mount the Coro to the house. Itís a pain to set up the first time but next year I should be able to put them up quickly. Best part is no more clips.

From a visual standpoint, you can do a lot with the Coro version such as scrolling text across the icicles. The old icicles were pretty though and looked more traditional I guess so depends on what you want. Ease of installation was my main concern.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I switched to pixel icicle lights this last Christmas and I just let them hang. My wife preferred them that way and I think they look fine. I do have scrolling text in a few sequences and it looks OK but not the greatest. I mounted them on sections of PVC that just push into smaller pieces of PVC mounted on the house. Here is a link to one of my sequences showing what they look like.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOwoBfVQCRk

Post Thanks / Like

I was thinking of adding some weight to each one. Enough to keep them from tangling but still move in the breeze. Something to test out maybe.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    2009 - 48 channel MegaTree 4800 lights
    plus 3200 lights static display.
    2010 - 6 Snowflakes on heavy equipment stored in front yard :-(
    2011 - 72 channel Megatree 7520 lights,
    120 channel total about 10k lights total

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the feedback!