Thread: Colorlight 5A-75B Panel Controller help

Post Thanks / Like

Default Colorlight 5A-75B Panel Controller help

I am trying to figure out these Colorlight 5A-75B Panel Controller. I know that each Colorlight 5A-75B Panel Controller has 8 outputs but what I am trying to figure out is how many P5 panels each output can control. I am trying to wire up a 5 panel wide by 6 panel high matrix made of P5 panels. I have 2 Colorlight 5A-75B Panel Controller, 2 5vdc power supplies and controlled by a Pi 4. I just need help trying to get it all hooked up electrically.
    Thanks for any help.
    Tom

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Colorlight 5A-75B Panel Controller help

See the second part of this video. It should help get you started. http://videos.xlights.org/xessential...f8084fcc8.html
    Ed
    Happily retired

Post Thanks / Like

I watched that video and it does not help with what I want. I need help with the best way to wire it up.

Post Thanks / Like

I think you'll find a bit more support over at ACL or on the xLights Zoom room. I have a 42 P5 with (2) 5A-75B with 3 panels per output. A little unclear on what your actual question is or I would try to help. Great forum post over at ACL going over a dual colorlight setup with P5's. https://auschristmaslighting.com/thr...s-guide.11762/

Post Thanks / Like

Ed
    Happily retired

Post Thanks / Like

In general, each 5A-75B can control a 256x256 pixel matrix. That equates to a 4x8 P5 matrix. On average, that would be 4 panels per port. The recommendation is to use as many outputs as possible—like if you have 8 panels, use 8 outputs of 1 panel each instead of 4 outputs of two panels each.

However, depending on the configuration file sent with your panels, the actual number of pixels and panels that can be controlled may be less than 256x256. LED Vision should tell you what acceptable configurations are, and there’s also some hacking of the clock frequency you can do if the maximum resolution is unavailable.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the help I will try all of these.
    Tom