Thread: Coro props on Vinyl Siding

Post Thanks / Like

Default Coro props on Vinyl Siding

Looking for ideas on hanging 10mm coro props (36" spinners, 24" snowflakes) populated with bullet nodes on vinyl siding. With the bullet nodes, I'll need some clearance between siding and back of coro. I saw the Thingiverse clips Wolfie designed, but not sure how to attach PVC pipe / PVC frame to the siding? I have some of the stainless siding clips, but can't think of how they could be used to solve this. I live in Upstate NY, with cold temps and some wind gusts exceeding 50mph, so need a durable solution. Any thoughts?

EDIT
    Forgot to mention 2 things:
    1) I do not want to make holes in the siding, for fear of water ingress
    2) I have the option for the 24" flakes from boscoyo to do square nodes that they claim almost recess into the back of the coro, allowing placement much closer to the siding. So maybe for those props, it may be a different solution?

Thanks,
    -pc
    Last edited by puppycrack; 04-10-2021 at 09:56 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Coro props on Vinyl Siding

A couple of ideas.
    Vinyl siding usually comes apart. When we had windows replaced, they popped them off carefully. Once you open them up, you could attach a clip, screw, etc in the wall under the fat part of the vinyl siding. Hang a string off of it and you are on the way.
    Better probably is the idea to secure them to the soffit into the rafters. Hang a cord, wire, piece of rope down to a ground stake and you created a flexible, removable trellis.
    Speaking of which, make a trellis out of your favorite material and paint it to match your siding.

Post Thanks / Like

I am using these https://hw.menardc.com/main/items/me...2352_396_A.jpg for my snowflakes. I put a 3.5" bolt thru one of the holes and have a nut holding the bolt in place. Then I use 2 more nuts and a couple of washers to clamp the coro in place. Here is a pic as I haven't taken them down yet because I want to wait until the siding is warmer. https://photos.app.goo.gl/zZuWqGrHxCH4aLYS7

Post Thanks / Like

I use plastic fencing from Lowes. I thread a piece of 1/2 pvc pipe through the top & bottom. I have installed two square bend brass hooks up high under my eves. I zip tie my snowflakes to the fence and hang the whole thing from the hooks. I use a couple of bungee cords to hold the bottom in tight to the house. One advantage of this system is that I can just roll up the fence with the flakes still mounted and have it ready to deploy for the next season. I also have woven my cabling into the fence to keep it contained as well. It actually is not that visible when mounted on the house, but I suppose you could paint it to match your house.

House 2020 640x480.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by TomL8345; 04-11-2021 at 12:23 PM.
    2012 - 1st year 64 Channels - 7500 LED lights - 5 sequences
    2013 - 128 Channels - 10,000 LED lights - 7 sequences (2 New)
    2014 - 201 Channels - upgrading 8 Arches to dumb RGB - 8+ sequences (1+ New)
    2015 - 240 Channels + 8 Universes - sequences TBD
    2016 - No Display
    2017 - Back in the Game - 240 Renard Channels + 12 Universes
    2018 - 256 Renard and 9 Falcon Outputs of Pixels - 16 sequences shown over 2 nights
    2019 - 256 Renard and 9 Falcon Outputs of Pixels - 16 sequences shown over 2 nights
    2020 - Emergency Conversion to Falcon F48 with limited wireless

Post Thanks / Like

I use these clips and just use regular nylon string through the coro to hang my snowflakes and wreaths.
    Matt