Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: $2.10 USB Sound card for RASP Pi & others

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: $2.10 USB Sound card for RASP Pi & others

For years, in order to get great sound from computers (especially laptops) when feeding my DJ system, it took high-end Digital-to-Analog units. Usual cost was around $200-$250 dollars per interface. Then came devices such as the SoundBlaster Play 3. $30. Now there are units such as this at $2.10.

The thing I'm trying to say/ask is, "how well does it actually work?" The SoundBlaster Play 3 does indeed match or better most of the $250 dollar units I've used. So, is it possible that these new ones have matched the SB3?

I've learned the valuable lesson: In this world, I'm not going on price - just performance.
    Live, Laugh, Love.

Post Thanks / Like

I couldn't find the $2 deal on Amazon--only a $4 deal on Ali. I'm not too worried about it. I just configure the Pi for Bluetooth classic, and pipe it to the speaker that's weatherproofed. My whole Pi contraption is not.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1pet2_9 View Post
    I couldn't find the $2 deal on Amazon--only a $4 deal on Ali. I'm not too worried about it. I just configure the Pi for Bluetooth classic, and pipe it to the speaker that's weatherproofed. My whole Pi contraption is not.
    In all tests and attempts to use Bluetooth, there has been a problem with what has been termed "Bluetooth Delay" or "Bluetooth Lag".

How is the delay in your setup?
    Live, Laugh, Love.

Post Thanks / Like

I absolutely have delay, and I'm okay with it. I don't feel the need to synchronize the lights that tightly. For example, Halloween, my sound is thunder, and my lights are lightning. The thunder is supposed to lag. More power to the people who are all about Xlights at 100ms steps, but I'm just not about that. Most of the time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12