Thread: P5 Panel Matrix Help

Post Thanks / Like

Default P5 Panel Matrix Help

I am new to these P5 panels and need some help. I am using a Pi 4 with FPP with 2 colorlight cards and 2 5vdc power supplies. I have a matrix that I am setting up that will have a total of 30 P5 panels (5 panels wide by 6 panels high). I know that with 1 colorlight card I can get 256 x 256 pixels and with 2 colorlight cards I am able to get 512 x 256 pixels. What I am not understanding is how to wire up the panels and set up the colorlight cards for the input to the panels.

Pixel Panels.png

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: P5 Panel Matrix Help

Here is a product page that helpful links to things you will need to know: https://www.wiredwatts.com/colorlight-5a-75b
    Watch the videos, download the software, mess around with it. That helps with the logical layout. Then you can figure out the physical layout after you have some experience.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: P5 Panel Matrix Help

Quote Originally Posted by tomas041857 View Post
    I know that with 1 colorlight card I can get 256 x 256 pixels and with 2 colorlight cards I am able to get 512 x 256 pixels.
    Maybe, maybe not. It depends on your panels. LEDVision may only allow certain configurations. I have many P5s that LEDVision limits to something less than 256x256. Ask your vendor for the Colorlight configuration file for your panels. It will have a .rcvp or .rcvbp extension. Get the panels set up in LEDVision first, and then the rest is easy.