Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: MicroSwiss direct drive

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    2,077
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default MicroSwiss direct drive

    Upgraded today one of my Enders to try this out and wow Iíve never been able to run petg faster than about 50mms. Slightly more. On certain. Parts . This thing isnít even dialed in. Yet and is smokin the stock set up. Running around 75 mms now with no problem. . Thought Iíd share if you are on. The fence about it . I. Got the dual direct drive and the hotend kit .


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Posts
    18
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default MicroSwiss direct drive

    Good to know! I got the micro Swiss hot end kit a few weeks ago but havenít installed it yet after I read elsewhere about retraction issues with petg. Also I do not have direct drive just the Capricorn Bowden tube.

    Going to try to install it this weekend on an ender 5 plus.... or maybe I should throw more money at it and upgrade to direct drive at same time??


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    2,077
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: MicroSwiss direct drive

    Quote Originally Posted by woganaga View Post
    Good to know! I got the micro Swiss hot end kit a few weeks ago but havenít installed it yet after I read elsewhere about retraction issues with petg. Also I do not have direct drive just the Capricorn Bowden tube.

    Going to try to install it this weekend on an ender 5 plus.... or maybe I should throw more money at it and upgrade to direct drive at same time??


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I m not sure I just know that I have both and man itís a huge difference was worried it wasnít worth it it but happy for now . Trying to dial it all in and see if it even. Gets better . And yes I really only use petg anymore . Will try nylon this weekend


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,416
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: MicroSwiss direct drive

    Quote Originally Posted by wilmar View Post
    I. Got the dual direct drive and the hotend kit .
    Was the Hot End necessary, or could you have left the upgraded Creality Replacement Hot End on it? I just replaced the original with the upgrade and I'd hate to waste that mod.

    Jeff
    Please consider becoming a Supporting Member of DIYC. Show your thanks to those who make this place possible.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    2,077
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: MicroSwiss direct drive

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Millard View Post
    Was the Hot End necessary, or could you have left the upgraded Creality Replacement Hot End on it? I just replaced the original with the upgrade and I'd hate to waste that mod.

    Jeff
    I would think it would work. Fine.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,416
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: MicroSwiss direct drive

    Quote Originally Posted by wilmar View Post
    I would think it would work. Fine.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Great, thanks.

    Jeff
    Please consider becoming a Supporting Member of DIYC. Show your thanks to those who make this place possible.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Surprise, Az
    Posts
    664
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: MicroSwiss direct drive

    Is the 75mms with a 4 or 8mm nozzle?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    2,077
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: MicroSwiss direct drive

    Quote Originally Posted by Popo-B-Trippin View Post
    Is the 75mms with a 4 or 8mm nozzle?
    .8mm


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    310
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: MicroSwiss direct drive

    I run 65mms petg on my stock ender 5with a .6 head and get great prints, as long as it ain't overture. Worst petg I ever used.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •