Thread: Help with protocols for E1.31 bridge

Post Thanks / Like

Default Help with protocols for E1.31 bridge

Newbie question: Would I be able run my Renard SS24 board on one of these E1.3.1 bridges https://www.ebay.com/itm/E1-31-sACN-...2.m2749.l2649?

I saw a post mention that I could configure a universe to use Renard protocol while others could use DMX protocol. I did not see a configuration on the device page to make this change. Wondering if its only on the Holiday Coro E1.31 bridge that this is an option. I am trying to avoid having to flash the firmware on the Renard if possible. Thanks
    Last edited by appv128; 02-01-2021 at 11:39 PM. Reason: Typo

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Help with protocols for E1.31 bridge

If you have one of these pirated units , It may work if you program the Renard's pics with dmx firmware and set each pic to a start address of 1 .

I believe my RPM 4 port bridges worked that way if I select/set to the dmx protocol and use Renard Dmx firmware on my controllers.

If you do not have one that you linked , you are better off to purchase a bridge designed with Renard in mind here ->http://www.diyledexpress.com/index.p...index&cPath=22

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for the clarification. I was looking for the prebuilt kit and seems like that is sold out. I don't think I would be able to manage a build of the bridge hence reluctant to jump in on the Kit. Thanks again.

Post Thanks / Like

Contact DIY LED Express. Sometimes what is listed and what they have is different. I currently use three of the Bridges in my show, all three run a mix of Pixels and Renard outputs.

Post Thanks / Like

You can also do a WTB post and see if anyone wants to sell a bridge.

2021 New Tune-to sign. New 40x27 matrix at the house. Retiring the Strip based matrix. Updating some of the old window frames to the new house. Adding two new songs.
    2020 Full sized show reworked for the new location. Only adding (famous last words) 13 RBLs that I finally got converted to using pixels
    2019 - Just moved into a new home (yet another change of plans). Will be dim but not dark. Too much to do at the new place to leave time for a show. Dim show (3000 pixels) had regular visits most nights.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyX...ttrsZNARkUce0Q

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks all for the good information. Right now I only have three ss24 and a couple of dmx boards. I can wait on the e1.31 a lil while longer. Was thinking of the possibility of hooking it up to a wireless repeater and leaving the laptop inside the house. So no cables running in and out of the house.