Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fusing: Distro Boards & 5a Limitation

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Fusing: Distro Boards & 5a Limitation

Thank you all for the input and suggestions . While my PSU's are relatively close to the props, I am mainly trying to minimize the number of wires, thus the need for greater than 5 amp. As for wiring, I would be using either 14AWG or 12AWG, depending on distance and testing. Also, while the idea of making my own boards is intriguing, I feel I have enough on my plate at present, considering I'm completely new to pixels and xLights, and I'll have more than enough to learn before December!

The main issue I had with fuse blocks was size. I still have to build out my enclosure, with a F16v3, two expansion boards, 2x PSUs, and power distro. I couldn't find a fuse block with enough outputs that wouldn't cause me to be getting really cramped, even in a Bud Box 32026. After much looking, I did find this board:

http://www.hansonelectronics.com.au/product/power8/

It looks to be about the same size as the F8 distro, but can support up to 10a / output. They're also available at WiredWatts. Note that I am unaffiliated with either.

Also, the idea from rayhjr on using spade connectors as part of a fuse setup was very imaginative - I'll have to remember that one!

Thanks again all!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Fusing: Distro Boards & 5a Limitation

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12