Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Where to buy pixel ?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Where to buy pixel ?

Iím still leaning toward ray . I may pull the trigger this week . I would be interested in seeing the pictures of the pixels that caused the fire. And also know if they were fused or not . When I was 16 I replaced a car radio and did not put a fuse on the hot wire and I shorted it out on accident and man it was hot fast and I could not get it to stop fast enough. The insulation melted in no time ! I feel like I have seen some YouTube videos where you are getting a tour of their setup and you see a power injection with what looks like straight from power supply. . If so this could end up with a similar situation I had with my life lessons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with you on wanting to know more about these fires that are being reported with pixels. I'm not trying to place blame, rather simply seeking to understand what the situation was and what happened.

I, too, had a car radio 'incident' when I was 16 (damn...that was almost 40 years ago!) and had the same thing happen and it was very scary. Of course, I knew next to nothing about current and such at that time.

I'll just say that many here have reported good interactions with Ray. I myself talked to him almost a year after purchase about some failing LED strips and he wanted to replace them for free. I had to insist that it was my problem and my responsibility, but I definitely came away thinking the guy is pretty good to offer free replacements including shipping.

Post Thanks / Like

ALL mine are Rextin brand from Amazon and i have never had issues with them
    Flash Flash Blink Blink,,Oh What A Relief It Is

Post Thanks / Like

Fuses usually do not help in situations like the burning pixels
    Flash Flash Blink Blink,,Oh What A Relief It Is

Post Thanks / Like

I'll just throw it out there that I purchased 2500 pixels from Ray Wu in 2020 (ordered in mid August) for my first mega tree and didn't have a single issue with them.

Post Thanks / Like

I just bought mine through Scott Led. They were great at communicating. Not the cheapest option. A friend of mine suggested that I go through them.

Post Thanks / Like

I just bought 6000 pixels, power supplies, extensions and pigtails.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Palussa View Post
    I just bought 6000 pixels, power supplies, extensions and pigtails.

I was looking at ScottLed. I'M trying to figure out how they price their pixels.
    For example,if the price is .17 per 50 pcs....and minimum order is 5000 pieces,does that mean I need to order enough 50 ct strings to equal 5000 pixels? So that would mean I would need to buy 100 strings? That would give e a price of $510 (3000 x .17) for those 100 strings.
    (1)Falcon PI Player (Running the show)
    (1)Falcon F16V3
    (1) Kulp K32A-B
    (1)Renard SS16
    (1)Renard SS24
    (1)EDM-LCD-CS-EP
    (20)P10 Panels

WIKI
    Become A Supporting Member

Falcon Christmas
    Renard Controllers

Post Thanks / Like

I see that there are a ton of places to buy bullet pixels, but only some of them sell LED strips. Normally I would avoid strips like the plague, but I want to build some arches for my yard. Is any vendor/brand of strips more rugged and less likely to break? Where would you recommend to buy them from?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kingjesse2 View Post
    I see that there are a ton of places to buy bullet pixels, but only some of them sell LED strips. Normally I would avoid strips like the plague, but I want to build some arches for my yard. Is any vendor/brand of strips more rugged and less likely to break? Where would you recommend to buy them from?
    I have 4 arches, built with 3/4" PEX pipe and LED strips inside. I asked Ray to build me 4 of them at 2 meters each instead of me buying two of the 5-meter rolls and cutting them to size. That way each end was pre-sealed, which turns out to fix (normally) the biggest issue that people have when using strips in that they are exposed to weather. They have held up for me quite well, but then again, I've only had them for 2 seasons in the wet Portland weather and not under several inches of snow like some people.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast