Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Where to buy pixel ?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Where to buy pixel ?

Hi! I ended up ordering from RGB Man. Will be 5 weeks since I ordered as of tomorrow. I understand CNY was in there, and they are busy, but wondering if anyone else ordered from RGB man and received their order yet? UPDATE: I didn't bother to check RGBMAN's facebook page when I posted this. I checked it, and he has been great about providing updates. He is shipping as fast as the product comes in. I expect I will see it soon . I'll provide an update when I do.
    Last edited by virgil1; 04-07-2021 at 04:39 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I asked for a quote from Ray. He was fast responding. The only issue is that he does not provide discounts for ordering multiple items despite him having "standard" pricing (what you get from other places with similar quality). He did give a bit of a discount on the shipping but it still ended up at around $170 for shipping for a $500+ order. I am looking for other sources including RGB Man.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by munu View Post
    I asked for a quote from Ray. He was fast responding. The only issue is that he does not provide discounts for ordering multiple items despite him having "standard" pricing (what you get from other places with similar quality). He did give a bit of a discount on the shipping but it still ended up at around $170 for shipping for a $500+ order. I am looking for other sources including RGB Man.
    Yeah, a little over a month ago I sent Ray a request for a quote and the shipping was close to $200. I'd love to make an order but I have some special requests, such as center-of-pixel to center-of-pixel spacing, and I want LED strips fully sealed at both ends in the length that I want (vs a standard 5m reel that I would have to cut and seal) -- requests such as those make it difficult to go to US vendors. Also, I just visited a well-known site here in the US and they didn't have *any* types of pixels listed...did they stop selling them, or is this just a temporary thing?

Post Thanks / Like

What is that other "well-known site"? Ray actually responded pretty fast which I appreciate. However, it was not a good response. I ordered less than x pounds (with x being like ~170, I think) so shipping by sea wasn't an option. Maybe he should add some rocks to his inventory...

Thinking about it, I actually could use some 500lb of 1-2" glass rock...

Post Thanks / Like

What is that other "well-known site"? Ray actually responded pretty fast which I appreciate. However, it was not a good response. I ordered less than x pounds (with x being like ~170, I think) so shipping by sea wasn't an option. Maybe he should add some rocks to his inventory...

My company sources a lot of electronic components from China and our shipping costs have skyrocketed recently. We are being told there is such a backlog of products to be shipped from China that the capacity on ships and airfreight is scarce which is driving up the costs.
    2012 - 1st year 64 Channels - 7500 LED lights - 5 sequences
    2013 - 128 Channels - 10,000 LED lights - 7 sequences (2 New)
    2014 - 201 Channels - upgrading 8 Arches to dumb RGB - 8+ sequences (1+ New)
    2015 - 240 Channels + 8 Universes - sequences TBD
    2016 - No Display
    2017 - Back in the Game - 240 Renard Channels + 12 Universes
    2018 - 256 Renard and 9 Falcon Outputs of Pixels - 16 sequences shown over 2 nights
    2019 - 256 Renard and 9 Falcon Outputs of Pixels - 16 sequences shown over 2 nights
    2020 - Emergency Conversion to Falcon F48 with limited wireless

Post Thanks / Like

Updating as promised...I just got a notification that my order from RGB-Man just shipped. I ordered on March 3rd. 1100 Pixels. Not custom(some 50 and some 100 count). A few PSUs and Pigtails.

Post Thanks / Like

I contacted RGB man to see if they carry certain items that I need and that Ray has. I never received an answer. Doesn't look like that is a good place to buy. At least Ray was pretty responsive though his shipping cost is kind of ridiculous, i.e. more than $150...

Post Thanks / Like

I just received another shipment notification from RGB Man, I assume it's finally at least the pixels that I ordered in January but won't know for sure until tomorrow. Before I purchased in January Mike was super responsive to my emails and inquiries which is why I chose to go through him for my first pixel purchase, but must say as of late he's been unresponsive. I've sent multiple emails just asking for a status update from the January order which have all gone unanswered.

I know from his Facebook that there were some medical issues in his family that he was dealing with, but you should still be able to answer emails weekly I'd say or get someone else to answer them for you. He did have good prices and free shipping on orders over $300 but I'm not sure I'll be a repeat customer next year.

Post Thanks / Like

The site I was referring to is DIYLedExpress - I hit the site again today and didn't see any pixels listed. Maybe there's a reason for that or some update was given, but, either way, they *used* to sell pixels, and strips, and now I'm not seeing them. No idea why.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stormyblade View Post
    The site I was referring to is DIYLedExpress - I hit the site again today and didn't see any pixels listed. Maybe there's a reason for that or some update was given, but, either way, they *used* to sell pixels, and strips, and now I'm not seeing them. No idea why.
    I am not sure what you searched for but Aliexpress has tons of pixels as does Ray's Store on Aliexpress. For reference here is a link to Ray's store.
    https://www.aliexpress.com/store/701...ad_203195030.0

Thanks,
    Shawn

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast