Thread: Fpp not playing exported sequences, but pixels turn on from its test function

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fpp not playing exported sequences, but pixels turn on from its test function

Gee, a first time fpp user with problems outputting/setting up... How novel lol. Ok, so my show plays back on all outputs and controllers, a mix of e682 wired and pixel stick type controllers from the vixen scheduler. I run the vixen export and generate the folders with the sequences, music and config. I copy those via FileZilla to their respective fpp folders. I reload fpp, and the e131 output setup is now populated and matches vixen. The checkbox to enable e131 is set and all the outputs are flagged as active. All the sequences and their music are also present, and I'm able to create a playlist. If I start a sequence whether manually, scheduled etc.... It will say it's playing, and the audio is output, but not a single pixel lights up. I can ping every controller interface from within fpp outputs tab without dropped packets, wifi or wired. If I enable and set a test mode in fpp to all channels, every single pixel lights up without fail. Turn it off, play sequence, nothing. Tried re exporting the sequences and re upload via the file manager, still no display output during sequence. Results are the same whether in standalone player or master/slave mode (although master/slave if I understand correctly requires an fpp device at every controller as per the manual, which I do not have, only one extra pi fpp. I don't believe it transmits wireless e131 while also running master/slave). If I leave everything setup exactly as is, but connect my vixen pc to the show router, using the vixen scheduler, the show plays on the pixels again normally. Interestingly, even when I'm in standalone or master mode on the fpp with this setup and playing via vixen, all my controllers now show up in multisync as bridge devices and show live transmission data. Disconnect show pc, back to the same, playing fseq from fpp thinks its playing and audio plays but no pixels. It's not like I screwed up the output config, because I used the exact config file generated and to my eye, it looks correct. Thoughts? Screenshot_20201214-020842_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20201214-025232_Chrome.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Fpp not playing exported sequences, but pixels turn on from its test function

Which vixen version are you using? Are you using the FPP 2.6+ sequence version with compression enabled? We had a bug that affected some people with certain channel counts. It was fixed in a recent dev build.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Fpp not playing exported sequences, but pixels turn on from its test function

Quote Originally Posted by jchuchla View Post
    Which vixen version are you using? Are you using the FPP 2.6+ sequence version with compression enabled? We had a bug that affected some people with certain channel counts. It was fixed in a recent dev build.
    I was using one of the more recent dev builds, a few back from current, and yes, fpp 2.6+ sequence with compression. Speaking of which, I understand there is compression, but are the sequences actually supposed to be so small? Something that's 15mb in vixen outputs as less than 1kb fseq? Even though there appears to be data in the file (unreadable)

Post Thanks / Like

The problem that was fixed was a rounding error when calculating the compressed blocks during export.

The sequences are way smaller than the uncompressed FSEQ sequences. That's the whole point. As to how they relate to the tim files, there's really no relationship. the uncompressed fseq file size is a function of channel count and sequence length. And then the compressed version will be some percentage of that. Exactly how small it gets is related more to the variation of the data in the file, not the length or anything. But yes, my biggest sequences are now in the 2-3MB range as compressed FSEQ files. Some of mine are as small as 10k.

<1k sounds too small though. How many channels in your show?

The only thing that will be human readable in those files is "FSEQ" at the very beginning.