Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Issue w/ DIYLedExpress Bridge and FPP

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Issue w/ DIYLedExpress Bridge and FPP

Thanks for the info.

I'm still using 3 bridges (down from a high of 6) with 12 extenders. (In fact, I have one permanently mounted to my house for year round use.) Other than the color tests not working correctly (and they haven't since they were implemented), I've had zero problems with them. With that said, I'm trying to figure out what is happening to his using the knowledge gained over the years here.

Unfortunately I've come up short on any explanation.
    Live, Laugh, Love.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm running 3 of them in my show and can't replicate the issue. If I didn't shave my head, I'd certainly be pulling out my hair by now.

Post Thanks / Like

The monitor option (turning off) that Dan recommended is where I would be looking at this time.

Though highly unlikely that it would happen on both at the same time, you may want to reseat the communications daughter board on each of the E682s. You never know. :|

Please let us know what you find out.
    Live, Laugh, Love.

Post Thanks / Like

Try to replace the power supply for the bridge? It may read 5v, but may have enough ripple to cause the ethernet module to not work correctly.

Post Thanks / Like

We did turn off the monitor mode on the pi yesterday before the evening show, so that is now ruled out as the problem.

I will have him change out the PS as well as check the E682 boards.

Appreciate the suggestions.

Post Thanks / Like

Been a couple years since I had mine in the show, but isn't there a counter on the bridge set up page showing the number of packets being sent to each port? That would confirm you were receiving E131 and the bridge was interpreting it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by iflights View Post
    Been a couple years since I had mine in the show, but isn't there a counter on the bridge set up page showing the number of packets being sent to each port? That would confirm you were receiving E131 and the bridge was interpreting it.
    There is, and I had checked that. The packet loss count is low, no more than what I see on my bridges.

I found out he had also already changed out the PS to rule that out.

Back to being dumbfounded...

Post Thanks / Like

I would hate to mess up your show. But can you swap one of your Bridges with his? You know yours works. This would let you know if its a Bridge issue or something else. Because you said his Bridge was loosing connection with the FPP. I have also used three Bridges in my show for several years, never had an issue with them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mikeh65 View Post
    I would hate to mess up your show. But can you swap one of your Bridges with his? You know yours works. This would let you know if its a Bridge issue or something else. Because you said his Bridge was loosing connection with the FPP. I have also used three Bridges in my show for several years, never had an issue with them.
    I thought about doing this as well, but was really hesitant for obvious reasons. But it might be worth doing out of sheer curiosity. Won't be able to test it until Saturday, as that's the soonest I can mess around with my display.

Post Thanks / Like

This is the point where I would bring the bridge into the house, and create the smallest network possible of just the computer, and the bridge, a short network cable, and extender(s), and some pixels at the kitchen table. (No need to do this outside). Run the sequences and see if the bridge freezes up. If it does, you now know it is something on that table that is causing the problem.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast