Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SS series controllers

Post Thanks / Like

Default SS series controllers

I am curious to hear if there has ever been a version of the SS series boards where the serial pinouts were incorrect? Or has anyone used a ESP to rs485 device successfully on an SS24?

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: SS series controllers

Quote Originally Posted by jllracer55 View Post
    I am curious to hear if there has ever been a version of the SS series boards where the serial pinouts were incorrect? Or has anyone used a ESP to rs485 device successfully on an SS24?

I ran my SS boards from a Sandevices 6804 and 682.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

The SS controllers (8,16,24) are still on V1.0. No changes have been made from the original release. ;)
    James Family Christmas - 1600 channels of SS Renard channels
    Facebook - James Family Christmas

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne J View Post
    The SS controllers (8,16,24) are still on V1.0. No changes have been made from the original release. ;)
    Good to know Wayne, thank you!!

Post Thanks / Like

I have a SS24 with an ESP on a ESP Snapin board from Dirknerkle. Unfortunately for us he retired a couple years back. It works great. I just download the Renard forkineye V3.0 software in the ESP and set it up for the right channels. Works like a champ. It plugs in place of the RS485 comm chip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dave-2990Px-20KLts

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by davdue View Post
    I have a SS24 with an ESP on a ESP Snapin board from Dirknerkle. Unfortunately for us he retired a couple years back. It works great. I just download the Renard forkineye V3.0 software in the ESP and set it up for the right channels. Works like a champ. It plugs in place of the RS485 comm chip.

Do you have a pic of that set up or what you used ? I just. Wired mine in direct

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wilmar View Post
    Do you have a pic of that set up or what you used ? I just. Wired mine in direct

I can get a picture of it tomorrow in the daylight. It's kind of hard to get when the show is going. Here is the installation instructions. It is multi-use board so it has several configurations. I don't know if you can get anymore of the boards or not. You might contact dirknerkle on the diychristmas.org forum. Renard Plus used to have one as well. I don't see it on their website. Good luck.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Dave-2990Px-20KLts

Post Thanks / Like

I can get a picture of it tomorrow in the daylight. It's kind of hard to get when the show is going. Here is the installation instructions. It is multi-use board so it has several configurations. I don't know if you can get anymore of the boards or not. You might contact dirknerkle on the diychristmas.org forum. Renard Plus used to have one as well. I don't see it on their website. Good luck.
    Great thanks I think using my pixel pop although it looks prehistoric is easier

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wilmar View Post
    Great thanks I think using my pixel pop although it looks prehistoric is easier

All my pixels are ran by ESPixelPop’s. The SS24 is running 12 channels of incandescent lights on my roof. I love the simplicity and cheapness of the pixel pops

Dave-2990Px-20KLts

Post Thanks / Like

All my pixels are ran by ESPixelPop’s. The SS24 is running 12 channels of incandescent lights on my roof. I love the simplicity and cheapness of the pixel pops

Yes I am running 8 at the moment and the. One running the ss16 is doing 3 singing props each 5 Chanel’s flawlessly next year I believe I will all pops .

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast