Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24

Thread: SS series controllers

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Norwalk, Iowa
    Posts
    360
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default SS series controllers

    I am curious to hear if there has ever been a version of the SS series boards where the serial pinouts were incorrect? Or has anyone used a ESP to rs485 device successfully on an SS24?

    Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Kansas City Missouri
    Posts
    2,759
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: SS series controllers

    Quote Originally Posted by jllracer55 View Post
    I am curious to hear if there has ever been a version of the SS series boards where the serial pinouts were incorrect? Or has anyone used a ESP to rs485 device successfully on an SS24?

    Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk
    I ran my SS boards from a Sandevices 6804 and 682.

    Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Mooresville, NC
    Posts
    7,693
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: SS series controllers

    Quote Originally Posted by jllracer55 View Post
    I am curious to hear if there has ever been a version of the SS series boards where the serial pinouts were incorrect? Or has anyone used a ESP to rs485 device successfully on an SS24?

    Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk
    The SS controllers (8,16,24) are still on V1.0. No changes have been made from the original release. ;)
    James Family Christmas - 1600 channels of SS Renard channels
    Facebook - James Family Christmas


  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Norwalk, Iowa
    Posts
    360
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: SS series controllers

    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne J View Post
    The SS controllers (8,16,24) are still on V1.0. No changes have been made from the original release. ;)
    Good to know Wayne, thank you!!

    Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Valley Center, Ks
    Posts
    527
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: SS series controllers

    Quote Originally Posted by jllracer55 View Post
    I am curious to hear if there has ever been a version of the SS series boards where the serial pinouts were incorrect? Or has anyone used a ESP to rs485 device successfully on an SS24?

    Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk
    I have a SS24 with an ESP on a ESP Snapin board from Dirknerkle. Unfortunately for us he retired a couple years back. It works great. I just download the Renard forkineye V3.0 software in the ESP and set it up for the right channels. Works like a champ. It plugs in place of the RS485 comm chip.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dave-2990Px-20KLts

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    2,084
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: SS series controllers

    Quote Originally Posted by davdue View Post
    I have a SS24 with an ESP on a ESP Snapin board from Dirknerkle. Unfortunately for us he retired a couple years back. It works great. I just download the Renard forkineye V3.0 software in the ESP and set it up for the right channels. Works like a champ. It plugs in place of the RS485 comm chip.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Do you have a pic of that set up or what you used ? I just. Wired mine in direct


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Valley Center, Ks
    Posts
    527
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: SS series controllers

    Quote Originally Posted by wilmar View Post
    Do you have a pic of that set up or what you used ? I just. Wired mine in direct


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I can get a picture of it tomorrow in the daylight. It's kind of hard to get when the show is going. Here is the installation instructions. It is multi-use board so it has several configurations. I don't know if you can get anymore of the boards or not. You might contact dirknerkle on the diychristmas.org forum. Renard Plus used to have one as well. I don't see it on their website. Good luck.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Dave-2990Px-20KLts

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    2,084
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: SS series controllers

    Quote Originally Posted by davdue View Post
    I can get a picture of it tomorrow in the daylight. It's kind of hard to get when the show is going. Here is the installation instructions. It is multi-use board so it has several configurations. I don't know if you can get anymore of the boards or not. You might contact dirknerkle on the diychristmas.org forum. Renard Plus used to have one as well. I don't see it on their website. Good luck.
    Great thanks I think using my pixel pop although it looks prehistoric is easier


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Valley Center, Ks
    Posts
    527
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: SS series controllers

    Quote Originally Posted by wilmar View Post
    Great thanks I think using my pixel pop although it looks prehistoric is easier


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    All my pixels are ran by ESPixelPop’s. The SS24 is running 12 channels of incandescent lights on my roof. I love the simplicity and cheapness of the pixel pops


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dave-2990Px-20KLts

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    2,084
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: SS series controllers

    Quote Originally Posted by davdue View Post
    All my pixels are ran by ESPixelPop’s. The SS24 is running 12 channels of incandescent lights on my roof. I love the simplicity and cheapness of the pixel pops


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes I am running 8 at the moment and the. One running the ss16 is doing 3 singing props each 5 Chanel’s flawlessly next year I believe I will all pops .


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •