Thread: Issues with Matrices

Post Thanks / Like

Default Issues with Matrices

I have 2 30x30 matrixes that I can't get to perform right. In Xlights I have them defined as a 900 node matrices that begins at Universe 16. The second matrix begins at Universe 22. Physically they are spread across a couple of ports. At the controller level, I have each string defined and the universe assigned. When I look at them in Xlights, I get nice effects. However when I play the sequence and watch them physically, it's as if the information is garbled and mixed up. It almost looks as if each matrix is split into multiple parts that are all trying to play the same effect. I have tried various things to get them to display correctly and am having no luck. Testing at the controller level shows that the info is getting sent in the order expected so this seems to be a problem between Xlights and the props. I am attaching some screenshots of existing layout to help with troubleshooting. One last thing, within Xlights I have them defined as 1 string. Should I define it as 2 strings and list them as having individual start points? I want to say I tried this and it had no effect but I am sure that was a while ago. I'm on the cusp of greatness with this last problem to solveMatrices controller.JPG

Any ideas on what else to try?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Issues with Matrices

Use the tester in xLights to see that the expected pixels are lighting up at the expected channels. I would test red at 1, 30,31,60,61...etc. I think you will find your answer along the way. These types of problems are usually "mapping" issues. Something doesn't match up with the way the channels are defined in the model and the way they are defined in your controllers.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Mike. I'll try that this evening. I have a couple of hypotheses that I'm chasing down to see if that's the problem.

1. Issue with the Smart Receiver. The matrices having the problem are all connected to the same Smart Receiver. I have a second Smart Receiver that runs my megatree and it is outputting as expected.

3. Problem with the FPP version. I was on the zoom call yesterday and a gentleman had almost the same exact problem as me. The only thing he had changed was the FPP version. They checked all his stuff and didn't come up with a solution.

Both of these are pretty easy to test. I have an extra Smart Receiver so I can swap it out later today.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Solved. I had a few problems.

Biggest issue was getting xlights to understand that my lights went up and down. I found the solution as a FAQ on the xlights site to get my strings configured correctly for my matrix. I had attempted to have the controller handle the zig zag but I found it easier to configure it on Xlights and all worked.

Second was order of Universes. Sharing to provide others a place to look for troubleshooting. I use 4 ports for my matrix but the ports are out of order. For example my 500 string is on Universe 16 but my 400 is 18. However physically the 400 strand is first on the matrix. Flipping the universes corrected this.

Woot! I'm back in the game

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk