Thread: Crazy Question: Sound activated software to drive Arduino, ESPixel, for dynamic show

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crazy Question: Sound activated software to drive Arduino, ESPixel, for dynamic show

Ok, here is a crazy question. I had a DJ just approach me and ask if he were to do a live social media feed and tie into my light show which is normally sequenced via Vixen, could the lights be tied into the music mix dynamically? In other words, is there software that will dynamically do effects, or something from a live feed? It would have to be dynamic because he would be mixing there on the spot and I don't have time to sequence a 2 hour show in 2 days.

If there is nothing out there, that is fine, but I wanted to ask just in case I am not asking Professor Google the right question.
    "For those who say it cannot be done..... Get out of the way of those that are doing it!"

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Crazy Question: Sound activated software to drive Arduino, ESPixel, for dynamic s

Search for "color organ". Here is one potential controller. https://learn.adafruit.com/trinket-s...ed-color-organ

In essence, a color organ breaks the audio signal into multiple frequency bands then triggers light effects based on the volume of each band.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Crazy Question: Sound activated software to drive Arduino, ESPixel, for dynamic s

I don't think any of the common and free christmas light sequencers have this functionality. But I believe LightJams and Madrix do.