Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boscoyo Frankie Blank Pixel Problem

Post Thanks / Like

Default Boscoyo Frankie Blank Pixel Problem

Hello folks,

So, I picked up a Boscoyo Frankie and I have him singing "Monster Mash". I downloaded the Boscoyo xLights data and all was working fine. Once I deployed him in the yard tonight, my daughter and I noticed several pixels that seemed to be out of place. I updated the "faces" pixel inclusions and all is well for them, save one. I can't, for the life of me, figure out why pixel 170 is not lighting green during the display. The pixel works fine with WLED. It is only a problem when playing the song.

So, I've combed through the sub definitions and have made sure pixel 170 is included in the outline. I just don't see it lighting up during the song.Screenshot (30).jpg

Any ideas?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Boscoyo Frankie Blank Pixel Problem

The only thing that comes to mind is 512 or 510 config . Not knowing Xlights settings . Just a guess.

Post Thanks / Like

Ah, yeah, I didn't think about that...thanks for the comment, I'll check into the size...

Post Thanks / Like

If go into test and turn on pixel 170, does it work for each color?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MikeKrebs View Post
    If go into test and turn on pixel 170, does it work for each color?
    I'll test this tomorrow. I spent my evening messing working on an unrelated problem with an Echo Dot...

Post Thanks / Like

i could see a start channel being configed wrong on the controller or something. It could even be a wrong count on a prop connected before it. It sounds like you already checked the model and that is good.
    https://RudolphSearch.com - Making it easier to find info across the Christmas Light forums!

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, folks, I appreciate all of your comments and I've checked everything. Here's what I see: With WLED, all the LED's operate properly. With xLights, the "A-B-C" test flashes all LED's except for 170. The sequence I have programmed is still doing the same thing. I have gone through the 'faces' model LED list and I don't see where 170 is missing. In fact, I separated the "outline" to specifically include 170 and that didn't fix it. My controller is using 510 for the universe size with two universes total. If I change it to 512, then the colors get skewed and half of Frankie's green face turns purple...I suspect it's because the hair color shifts.

So, I'll look at whatever anyone wants me to and post screen shots if wanted. But, I'm at a loss... Lastly, this is my first instance of actually using xLights. So, I don't have a lot of experience. But, if you point me in the right direction, I'm quite capable of running point and counting pace...

Post Thanks / Like

run error check.

post your faces config and showing wiring view.

170 pixels is 510 channels. why are you using 2 universes?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MikeKrebs View Post
    run error check.

post your faces config and showing wiring view.

170 pixels is 510 channels. why are you using 2 universes?
    First, could you tell me what steps to take to do the, "run error check", piece? I don't see that in xLights or xSchedule...

Frankie.png

The 'corrected' faces config is attached. The wiring view is exactly the same as the downloaded file. I know this because I had to re-wire my pixels...

Wiring.jpg

I am using two universes because that's what I think is necessary to do three hundred LED's, for a total of nine hundred of whatever they are called. The display uses three hundred physical nodes for a total of nine hundred LED's, correct? I use two universes to make sure I have enough to cover the nine hundred. If that's not correct, I'm totally happy to configure it to something else...

Hopefully this answers everything and I appreciate your help...

Post Thanks / Like

900 Channels !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast