Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Teensy 4.1 E1.31 receiver/controller

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Teensy 4.1 E1.31 receiver/controller

Many of the controllers have a few "differential" transmission ports for remote props. These are typically RJ45. There are a few controllers only have the differential ports (Falcon F48)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by brianamos View Post
    I did some stress testing this morning. I reprogrammed it to get 640 pixels per output with 32 outputs. I ran the xlights sequence at about 30 FPS, and it performed quite well. I don’t own 20,000 pixels to try it out in a live show, but the processor was spitting out the data at the required frequency to each pin. As the pins are only writing out data, I assume that it’ll work the same whether or not pixels are connected to each pin or not.

I’m very pleased with the capabilities of this little chip. I need to cleanup the code a bit then I’ll post it here. I’m currently designing a small interface board with buffer chips and resistors to make connection more secure than the breadboard I’m currently using. If anyone is interested I can have some additional boards printed. My initial thought is to provide connection between the board and the lights via a screw terminal or a thruhole solder connection. I know the octo board uses RJ-45, is that more standard than having to solder connectors in? Does anyone have some experience either way?
    Are you able to share the updated code with the 32 outputs? This might solve a long running headache for me!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by purpleprawn View Post
    Are you able to share the updated code with the 32 outputs? This might solve a long running headache for me!
    I thought I already had. Here is a link to the project in GitHub.

https://github.com/brianamos1/DTG_E.131

Post Thanks / Like

I am wondering how you have progressed with the Teensy 4.1 setup? Did you get around to updating the code and/or developing a small interface board? If so, I would be interested in following in your footsteps. I have been using Wemos D1 minis, ESPixel stick, FPP and xlights to drive my wifi only displays for the last few years now but the total number of lights in my display grows each year and is now pushing the limits of wifi only. The teensy setup looks really sweet.

Post Thanks / Like

Its been quite some time since I was involved with the megapixel project. Its good to see some remnants of the project being used here. Good to see some code on the t4.1 and the native ethernet. Wiz Chips are a challenge with the limited buffer. It was always cat and mouse with the code to get 32 uni to run. If too much time on CPU it was a cost at loosing Universes. Running multicast was the next challenge . Wiznet chip had to run in raw mode to get it to take on more than 8 universes. I would be curious how multicast support is on the native ethernet.

crees

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12