Thread: Capture 2020 3d Visualizer

Post Thanks / Like

Default Capture 2020 3d Visualizer

After being out of work for a bit too long, I thought it would be a fun idea to make a bunch of concept renders that would be cool to build one day for a Christmas show . All of these renders are done in a software called Capture 2020, a 3d visualization software used to pre-visualize lighting rigs in the entertainment industry. I've been using Capture the past few years to program the show before it is all setup. Being a 3d software, you can build your entire show (including video, moving heads, automated/moving items, etc) and see how it would look from different perspectives. Capture does offer student and demo versions that are pretty good for our use cases. For anyone familiar with 3d CAD software, Capture allows you to import models from almost any 3d software as well as do basic modeling in the software itself. Here's a link to Capture if anyone is interested. It is compatible with any software that can output sACN/E1.31 or Art-Net. There is also a ton of amazing introduction tutorials on Youtube for getting started with Capture.

https://www.capture.se/Downloads/Download-Capture

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Capture 2020 3d Visualizer

What’s the benefit of doing this vs doing it again in vixen ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Capture 2020 3d Visualizer

At the end of the day it's two ways to accomplish the same thing (programming your show without having any lights in front of you). Capture (or any other similar software) is absolutely amazing when you have items that will not appear in Vixen (such as moving heads) or if you are incorporating video playing from a secondary source that you want to see incorporated into your show while programming. I also use Capture to build a to-scale model of the show to see how everything will fit together and import the actual CAD files of anything I am putting up that year (minitrees, megatrees, ground grid, bushes, etc). It's also great for planning out cable runs, where controllers need to go, materials to build display elements, and where items will go down to the exact inch. Here are some pictures of how everything came together for last season's show.
    Attached Images Attached Images