Thread: 2020 Wish List

Post Thanks / Like

Default 2020 Wish List

This is a long wish list and I know plenty have either been discussed before or are in the process of being looked at.
    I also very much wish to start looking and helping at the development side of things. Can anyone point me in a very basic direction of learning and requirements?

Moving head control discussed.
    A way to visualize the movement. I was able to somewhat achieve this by colouring the effect to show position (e.g green left) on a straight line, but it really did not help. I used the custom values for most of the control and pulse where possible. When using the standard effects for moving head or other dmx fixtures it would be good if there can be the 0-255 values beside the 0-100 on the curve or intensity drawing.
    The moving heads that I have also incorporate speed of movement control, prisms, strobe, colour wheel etc which may be quite hard to incorporate
    I also had to set base points so that they do not turn backwards, point to the ground or towards each other.

Various old effects converted to location based discussed

Ability to use multiple previews as a location based viewpoint Not 3D discussed

Ability to reorder the controllers discussed
    Certainly not a big issue it would be mainly for my OCD

Ability to remove and insert channels on a controller discussed
    Not a big issue at all as it still has not really affected me even though I have hundreds of thousands channels that are unpatched. It may be an issue in future though.

Ability to group elements (individual pixels) on the preview set up screen. discussed

New Lightning effect. An effect that can be used to simulate a lightning strike.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: 2020 Wish List

Thanks for starting this thread, this will be a useful place to collect ideas about what's currently on the wish list of the user base.

These are all reasonable requests, and as you noted, most are already on our to-do list.

As for helping with development, well, that's a big question. It's a very big project and it's hard to give a comprehensive overview. The best thing to do there is ask questions and we'll point you in the right direction. It's best to pick an area of interest and start there, branching out as your comfort level in the project grows.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bretheron View Post
    I also very much wish to start looking and helping at the development side of things. Can anyone point me in a very basic direction of learning and requirements?
    You can reach out to me and I can give you guidance on how we do things and assist in getting you started.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Is uploading port config to controllers something that is possible? I currently use falcon F16v3 and Pixlite, the old p12's are retired now. The other controllers are either stand alone or FPP and I was extremely happy when you made the FPP channel export.

Post Thanks / Like

We have not yet looked into uploading any config to the controllers themselves, just the FPP output config you may already be using.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I may have missed it, but is there a release date and new feature list planned for a stable release for 2020?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TeaCup View Post
    I may have missed it, but is there a release date and new feature list planned for a stable release for 2020?
    I've been wanting to ask that question myself.

Post Thanks / Like

There will be a release coming soon. There have been many bug fixes and a few features added. This year seems to be flying along faster than expected.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bretheron View Post
    This is a long wish list and I know plenty have either been discussed before or are in the process of being looked at.

Moving head control – discussed.
    A way to visualize the movement. I was able to somewhat achieve this by colouring the effect to show position (e.g green – left) on a straight line, but it really did not help. I used the custom values for most of the control and pulse where possible. When using the standard effects for moving head or other dmx fixtures it would be good if there can be the 0-255 values beside the 0-100 on the curve or intensity drawing.
    The moving heads that I have also incorporate speed of movement control, prisms, strobe, colour wheel etc which may be quite hard to incorporate
    I also had to set base points so that they do not turn backwards, point to the ground or towards each other.

Various old effects converted to location based – discussed

Ability to use multiple previews as a location based viewpoint – Not 3D – discussed

Ability to reorder the controllers – discussed
    Certainly not a big issue it would be mainly for my OCD

Ability to remove and insert channels on a controller – discussed
    Not a big issue at all as it still has not really affected me even though I have hundreds of thousands channels that are unpatched. It may be an issue in future though.

Ability to group elements (individual pixels) on the preview set up screen. – discussed

New Lightning effect. – An effect that can be used to simulate a lightning strike.

I cannot wait for moving heads in vixen 3! :D
    Crazy Light Addict.