Thread: anyone have issue with rasp pi 4 and radio station

Post Thanks / Like

Default anyone have issue with rasp pi 4 and radio station

I bought a fm transmitter and now it cuts off my wifi of rasp pi 4? any ideas.
    boarder3

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: anyone have issue with rasp pi 4 and radio station

Type, model of transmitter. Power level setting. Location of pi 4, location of transmitter, distance between the 2. This info is all required to solve the problem.
    40 yr rf technician.

Post Thanks / Like

it was on high power i switched it to low and it seems to work now. Didnt even know there was a high low setting on this thing.
    boarder3

Post Thanks / Like

Some on low power still exceed FCC limits for our use. A model # would have been useful. A good rule of thumb, it your clear audio exceeds about a block you are probably exceeding fcc limits.
    Last edited by aknflyer; 12-14-2019 at 02:36 AM. Reason: clarity

Post Thanks / Like

The best forum for Pi 4 issues (including wireless FM) is here:

https://lightshowpi.org/

Not to say that this forum doesn't know, but on that forum, that is all they do.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1pet2_9 View Post
    The best forum for Pi 4 issues (including wireless FM) is here:

https://lightshowpi.org/

Not to say that this forum doesn't know, but on that forum, that is all they do.
    Since that link has not been updated since November 2018 I do not think it is a very good reference to be passing out.
    Jim Nealand
    Kennesaw, Ga

Post Thanks / Like

If you scroll down and read it for two seconds, you will see the latest updates are moving to: https://www.reddit.com/r/lightshowpi

This is not a competition. If you are doing Christmas light shows on Raspberry Pi, using their open source software for it--and specifically, software which supports FM transmitter--then that is the best forum for that--more so than here. There is nothing wrong with that. You can't be everything to everybody.

Post Thanks / Like

If you scroll down and read it for two seconds, you will see the latest updates are moving to: https://www.reddit.com/r/lightshowpi

This is not a competition. using their open source software for it--and specifically, software which supports FM transmitter--then that is the best forum for that--more so than here. There is nothing wrong with that. You can't be everything to everybody
    I had to read your post like six times before I understood what you are saying. It really sounded like a flame on first read but I think you are just trying to make the point that support for lightshowpi is not on this forum. That is fine. They are probably welcome to come on over (if they haven't gotten the admins mad at them for some reason). It is an interesting piece of software and the software based FM transmitter is really interesting. The examples I heard were not very good but then some of us with real FM transmitters have similar problems. Seems like the project has plateaued with not much development in the last year.

If you are doing Christmas light shows on Raspberry Pi,
    You should probably be running FPP.
    using their open source software for it--and specifically, software which supports FM transmitter--then that is the best forum for that
    Of course you should be involved in whatever software you are running. But this thread isn't about running software based FM transmitter and was over a year old. The reply you were trying to answer was probably a spammer trying to get some good posts in before he spammed us with some web sites. His posts are non-sensical in the threads posted and unrelated to this forum.

And to claim the best forum for RPi4 (and GPS) support is a relatively slow reddit is really kind of ridiculous. If you haven't been posting some good related information since you joined, I would have thought that was a spam comment! Of course, you are right that he really should post in some other forum. We really don't know much about GPS modules and RPi4 here. But lightshowpi.org would not be the place either.

LightshowPi might be your bias. It is probably the right software for play any song and make my lights blink. I see they even have added support to be an actual player as well (using a .csv format exported from Vixen - which btw is well supported right here on the forum). But, it is not the premier blinky flashy software nor the end-all for FM transmitter support on a RPi. They do seem to be one of the biggest users of software based FM transmitter (I had a hard time trying to find another major project using it but then lightshowpi didn't show in the top of the list either) but it is probably way better to use hardware as there are a lot of caveats in the experimental PiFmAdv github. For that, there is plenty of experience right here.