Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25333435

Thread: FPP PB16 Pixel Controller

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: FPP PB16 Pixel Controller

Yep. I hear the slow boat story a lot lately.

I'm only opting for FedEX or DHL air freight for my boards. Last slow boat order I did took two months !
    Quote Originally Posted by scooter_seh View Post
    The latest EEPROM bin file has button support. It requires FPP 4.0 or newer. The latest Smart Receivers Prototypes have been stuck on a boat somewhere in the ocean for over a month. I have been working on a breakout for a Beaglebone to use it with the HolidayCoro Flex system.

Attachment 44493

https://github.com/computergeek1507/...B16-eeprom.bin

Post Thanks / Like

My last order of K16's were shipped to me via FedEx and were stuck in FedEx customs hell for 4 weeks. Called FedEx almost every other day to try and get it resolved. Even the "fast" methods have issues.
    Dan Kulp

Post Thanks / Like

NUTS !

I don't know what it is with FEDEX. I've have issues with them too; but never an issue with DHL.
    Don't know why.
    Quote Originally Posted by dkulp View Post
    My last order of K16's were shipped to me via FedEx and were stuck in FedEx customs hell for 4 weeks. Called FedEx almost every other day to try and get it resolved. Even the "fast" methods have issues.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi everyone
    Like a bunch of you I ordered up a bunch of PCBs, even though I already had a couple F16V3's, a while ago, and now I'm just getting around to filling in the BOMs. I got to thinking on the expansion boards and how many I should put together and was wondering is the expansion boards were compatible with the F16V3s I already have? If they are I guess I'd just have to buy more parts and build them all. Anybody try the differential boards out on their F16v2/3's?
    Scott

Post Thanks / Like

The expansion boards only work with Kulp Controllers and my PB16 controllers. They do not work with the F16v3 or F16v2.

Quote Originally Posted by toy keeper View Post
    Hi everyone
    Like a bunch of you I ordered up a bunch of PCBs, even though I already had a couple F16V3's, a while ago, and now I'm just getting around to filling in the BOMs. I got to thinking on the expansion boards and how many I should put together and was wondering is the expansion boards were compatible with the F16V3s I already have? If they are I guess I'd just have to buy more parts and build them all. Anybody try the differential boards out on their F16v2/3's?
    Scott
    Scott H.

Post Thanks / Like

The expansion boards only work with Kulp Controllers and my PB16 controllers. They do not work with the F16v3 or F16v2.
    Well darn, I do enjoy putting these together, but I guess I'll have to consider prebuilt to expand those. Thanks Scott, I'm looking forward to putting a couple together as soon as my parts arrive.

Post Thanks / Like

While they're not directly compatible, you can build a custom cable for differential receivers. I have some receivers from RHL that I use with my Kulp Controllers. I made a cable to fix one of the outputs, which had the differential signals switched. I used a CAT-5 punch down jack with a short piece of cable and a correctly pinned Cat-5 Connector. I switched wires in the pair when I punched them into the block. Now I have a short cable that's added to the end of a standard cable. You can also crimp one end of a cat5 connector with the lines correctly oriented. Use the schematics from both controllers and/or differential receivers to figure out which lines go where. Saved me $40 and I already had the parts needed.

Post Thanks / Like

If anyone has any thoughts or suggestions, please let me know.

Thanks,
    Scott
    Hi Scott,

Have a look at the Zephyr rtos development environment. It is quite good and is cross platform so you can build targets for many different mcu's and boards. https://docs.zephyrproject.org/latest/boards/index.html

The project is an active open source project and part of the linux foundation.

https://www.zephyrproject.org/
    https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos

Happy to help out if you like.

Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25333435