Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24323334

Thread: FPP PB16 Pixel Controller

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: FPP PB16 Pixel Controller

Does this mount accommodate the optional OLED display?
    Quote Originally Posted by woganaga View Post
    Hey guys... Posted a mounting bracket for the PB16 to Thingiverse to mount in the $9 Harbor Freight Ammo box enclosure in case anyone is using same enclosure. https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4807955

Attachment 44370

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ukewarrior View Post
    Does this mount accommodate the optional OLED display?
    Probably not - the led display I believe hangs off the back and there is not much room there. I donít have one of the displays to test with but when I get home Iíll look at a picture I can probably mivd the mounting holes 1/2 inch to accommodate....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

yes the display does hang from the back..it doesnt have any fixings apart from the connection pins.. but can be moved else where by using flying leads.

Post Thanks / Like

I have the BBB16, with expansion and differential reciever output and they all work great.. (note there is a bit of a modification to do for the BBB16 v2 board to get the GPIO, display and buttons working).

The question is about DMX. I am using a cheap 12 Channel DMX decoder(WS-DMX-12CH-XB22) trying to run some RGB LEDS (not addressable WS28xx) and cannot seem to get it to work. I dont have any other source of DMX signal to check the decoder but it does run the RGB LEDs on a fixed display setting. I was runnin the DMX sequence from XLightss (through the BB16 in bridge mode). I think I set the DIP switches correctly on the decoder for the channel setting. Connecting the decoder from BB16, I have tried both DMX 1 and 2 from the RJ45 and the DMX2 from the set of connectors.

I used the simple DMX tester (two LED wired across the D+ D- and GND) and whilst D- gave an indication of a signal the other (D+) was a solid light.. which if I interpret correctly, can indicate a lack of proper DMX signal.

I am stumped .. anyone suggest a better way to test the output from the board, or something to check the decoder is working with a DMX signal? Appreciate any help you can give. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by scooter_seh View Post
    I have been working on a Smart Receiver. The Smart Receiver is still very much a work in progress. My plan was to make a 12 output receiver with all "A, B, & C" outputs all on one PCB. I am having issues with the firmware, I cannot get it working on the STM32 Nucleo dev board. I have no real embedded programming experience besides Arduino, so it has been a challenge fo me. After the Pi Pico was released, I started redoing the Smart Receiver to use the Pico as I thought it may be easier. I still don't know what direction is better the STM32 or the PI Pico. If anyone has any thoughts or suggestions, please let me know.

Thanks,
    Scott
    You're trying to do this on an STM32 Nucleo??? Those things are freakin' insane to program. The learning curve is nuts. Anything you can do on an ESP32 or Pi (for purposes of this board), take the same problem and expend about 5 times the effort, and that's what it'll take to do it on an STM32. I don't know why ST Micro makes things so complicated.

Post Thanks / Like

update ... Well i tested the decoder with a USB/DMX dongle and was able to eliminate that from being the problem. SO this points back to the output from the BBB16 board. It is probably a simple config issue but like I said I have tried most things. If anyone has this board and got the DMX working would appreciate any tips. Regards

Post Thanks / Like

Double check the DMX pin out on the board. Go to gethub and look up that board and look at the PDF file that has the wiring connections on them. There was a boo boo on the PB16 Mini. Don't remember right off but it may have been positive and negative were reversed or on different pins I don't remember but worth looking into.
    Last edited by rayhjr; 04-14-2021 at 09:25 AM. Reason: Pb16 mini not pb16
    Rayhjr I Love This Stuff!

Post Thanks / Like

I thought I had the DMX working on the v1 PCB's I have. I did switch port 1 and 2 at some point, but I looked at the schematic and it looks correct. I will try to investigate it more.

Quote Originally Posted by ukdel View Post
    update ... Well i tested the decoder with a USB/DMX dongle and was able to eliminate that from being the problem. SO this points back to the output from the BBB16 board. It is probably a simple config issue but like I said I have tried most things. If anyone has this board and got the DMX working would appreciate any tips. Regards
    Scott H.

Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24323334