Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Replaceable led or led color lenses

Post Thanks / Like

Default Replaceable led or led color lenses

I have a wireframe dancing santa that I want to convert from incandescent to LED. I need to have a mixture of red and white on the same string. With incandescents I just replace the correct color bulb into the string. I have not been able to find mini led (or m5) that can be swapped out.
    Do they make such a thing as replaceable LED bulbs, or replaceable color lenses to cover white LEDs?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Replaceable led or led color lenses

When I was watching the great Christmas light fight I noticed one contestant used all white bulbs and then individually painted them the colors they wanted. I have no idea what kind of paint they used but it's a good idea when you're making something like a face and you want blue eyes, red lips and yellow hair all from one strand of lights.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Something like this may work for you:

http://www.christmas-leds.com/produc...roductid=CC-M5

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cpcoaster View Post
    Something like this may work for you:

http://www.christmas-leds.com/produc...roductid=CC-M5
    I got a sample pack of those a couple of years ago. It seemed to me that they dimmed the LED too much.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by timekeeper View Post
    I have a wireframe dancing santa that I want to convert from incandescent to LED. I need to have a mixture of red and white on the same string. With incandescents I just replace the correct color bulb into the string. I have not been able to find mini led (or m5) that can be swapped out.
    Do they make such a thing as replaceable LED bulbs, or replaceable color lenses to cover white LEDs?
    How many actual bulbs of each color do you need? I came across some 50 count LED strings a while back that had interchangeable colored bulbs. I may have a couple left.

Post Thanks / Like

When I added wire lights to my wire frames (40) I used Color Rite Interchangable M5 LED lights which allowed me to put up to 8 various colored bulbs and lenses anywhere on one string if needed. That gave me the ability to really custom light my wire frames. And boy were they bright.

http://www.planetbulb.com/led-c5-holiday-strings/

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for the information and links to the replaceable bulbs and covers. I will check them out. This is exactly what I was hoping to find out!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rstehle View Post
    How many actual bulbs of each color do you need? I came across some 50 count LED strings a while back that had interchangeable colored bulbs. I may have a couple left.
    My existing strings are 35 bulbs each, with about 25 red and 10 white. There are 14 strings. Have you experienced any corrosion or connection issues with the replaceable leds?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pmiller View Post
    When I was watching the great Christmas light fight I noticed one contestant used all white bulbs and then individually painted them the colors they wanted. I have no idea what kind of paint they used but it's a good idea when you're making something like a face and you want blue eyes, red lips and yellow hair all from one strand of lights.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
    That got my attention too. I picked up some glass paint from hobby lobby that I am going to try
    http://www.vixenlights.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Vixen3-Logo-435x165White-300x107.png

Post Thanks / Like

I knew someone who busted a tail light on his car and painted the bulb red with nail polish.... wasn't bad. Could be worth a try.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast