Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dmx on t1000s

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Dmx on t1000s

Quote Originally Posted by KTOKTO View Post
    Sorry to bump an old thread but I am looking around for a way to change files/modes on the t1000s via a DMZ controller.

I am in the process of building a t1000s / ws2812b LED panel and would like to be able to integrate it in to my current DMX light setup.
    Is this possible with the t1000s? or is there another stand alone controller that can take files from LED Edit and change files via changing DMX scenes? I am reading the t1000s manual now and DMX512 is mentioned, however I do not see and detailed info or examples out in the wild.
    Hello KTOKTO,

Yes, would be a nice thing, to integrate the T1000 into an existing DMX-Setup to change the patterns stored on SD-Card.

At the moment I haven't managed that, and I don't even know, if DMXing the T1000 is possible.

But I made my own controller based on an Arduino (or simple ATmega328-microcontroller) plus some DIP-Switches, a MAX485-IC, a SD-Card-Reader, some cables and of course a power-supply. Cost in total is about 10US$.
    I simply combined an Arduino-DMX-receiver with a code for reading the (pre-programmed) LED-Matrix-patterns from SD-Card.
    The patterns are programmed with GLEDIATOR.

If you're interested in a DIY-build, I can give you the schematic and code.

Best regards
    Torsten

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Torsten, I'm trying to use t-1000s with dmx but no good news so far. could you please help me with your arduino schematic and code. Many many thanks
    Fabrizio

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fabrix63 View Post
    Hi Torsten, I'm trying to use t-1000s with dmx but no good news so far. could you please help me with your arduino schematic and code. Many many thanks
    Fabrizio
    Hello Fabrizio and thank you very much for your message.

I will do my very best providing you with the code and schematic, but I have to search my project-archieves, which will take some time.

To point you into the right direction: try web-searching for "mathertel dmx serial" (excellent dmx library for arduino) and "glediator without computer" (glediator on arduino).
    I've combined these two libraries/examples to get the desired dmx-controllable sd-card-reader (with WS2812-output).

By the way: I assume you're using WS2812-LED-strips (as you would do on T-1000s). Else, this project is useless for you.

Best regards
    Torsten

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Torsten, many thanks in advance for your help and quick answer! Yes I'm using the ws2812 (6 bars x 2 mt each). I've already programmed and copied into the sdcard and everything works. The problem is that i cannot combine sound and light with t-1000s, so I thought of using dmx (I have an usb>dmx interface that is super with freestyler).
    Best
    Fabrizio

Post Thanks / Like

Hi, does the T1000S contain pre-programmed show for the DMXlights on any adress? I don't know the adresses and they are not lighting. Thanks for reply

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12