Thread: dcssr more build questions

Post Thanks / Like

Default dcssr more build questions

After posting the fuse clip question, of course I have more.... http://www.doityourselfchristmas.com...y_Instructions
    Looking at the v1.2 board layout at the bottom, C1 C2 U1 U2. C1 and C2 both have 3 holes on the board. C1 and C2 are drawn on the schematic as .1uf, but there is only 1 - .1uf and 1 - .33uf cap on the bom. Which should be which?
    U1 is not listed on the wiki BOM. U1 and U2 are in parallel. Are they both needed, or is it 1 or the other?
    Am I just making things more confusing for myself here or what?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: dcssr more build questions

You only need one of the regulators - the board allows either the TO-220 or TO-92 (smaller) size 7805 regulators. Note if you are using 5v that you don't need either - just jumper across in to out. There should be a .33uF on the input and .1uF on the output if using the standard layout from the 7805 datasheet. It's not super critical - you could get away with two .1uF's as well in most cases. Most folks are using well regulated supplies for the input to begin with.
    Brian

Christmas in San Jose! on Facebook

Ignorance is Temporary - Stupidity is Forever...

Post Thanks / Like

I am going to be using it to run 12vdc lights, so I will have to use one of them. It looks like the only real difference is the current rating. Will I still be ok with the smaller one listed, or will I need the larger one?

Post Thanks / Like

The power draw is pretty low so either works fine - buy the cheapest... I would guess the larger one is cheaper since they're an extremely common part.
    Brian

Christmas in San Jose! on Facebook

Ignorance is Temporary - Stupidity is Forever...