PDA

View Full Version : Any plans for a co-op or even a beta board order?

stempile
06-03-2007, 03:55 PM
I am interested in getting in on the next order or co-op order. Has anyone thought about it yet? Or is the USB enable version just around the corner?

Thanks - Looks great.

FireGod
06-03-2007, 07:32 PM
lbro offered to do one in August, thats all I know.

Edit: As far as the USB version, I would not hold my breath. A USB to RS-232 converter is cheap and I don't think there is any advantage to the USB version. If I do build one, it will be just for fun but I am fairly busy right now and I don't know if it will get done anytime soon. Also, I have not asked KC if he can send data to a USB port. It might be a little more complex than the RS-232 com port, I just don't know.

lbro
06-03-2007, 08:33 PM
I offered to run the co-op if anyone was interested for this setup as well as Phil's 8 channel. All the tech questions would have to be directed to designers though. So if there is interest, sure I would be glad to help out.

Lou

FireGod
06-25-2007, 03:38 PM
I got a beta copy of Advanced Circuits PCB Artist software and layed out a 128 Channel System (One PC interface and 4 field modules). I checked and double checked the drawings and I hope they are right.

I used the new customer discount from Advanced Circuits and purchased some boards. Each board has the five circuit boards included, they just need to be snapped apart.

One board = 128 channel system.

I will have 20 boards for sale at $25.00 each if anyone is interested. I should have the boards delivered next week.

They will also be giving me the Gerber files upon delivery for future use.

The software would not allow me to use the previous part numbers. Each I/C, capacitor, and resitor has a unique number. Even the field module parts have unique part numbers. This really is not a problem since the field modules have very few parts any way.

I also changed the heat sink to a Mouser part number so it is mechanically supported off the board.

Disclaimer: The boards may or may not be perfectly correct. I will build a set as soon as I get my hands on them.

Edit: FYI.....$25 is just under my cost.

stempile
06-25-2007, 04:15 PM
I would like to give it a shot. 1 set for me please.

I am double checking the "one board" note $25 is for the whole set or each board? (Whole set = 1 control, 4 field for a total of 5 boards.) If $25 for whole set I can swing it.

-- EDIT --

Wasn't thinking clear. 1 board is really 5 boards after snapping them apart. I don't know why I didn't get that... I edited my post 3 times. I got it now.

Thanks.

spike
06-26-2007, 12:14 AM
That sounds awesome. Let me know how the testing goes.
If everything works, put me down for 2 sets.

LRNeener
06-26-2007, 01:32 PM
I would also like to give it a try. Put me in for 2 sets.

Camron

Warlock
07-01-2007, 01:07 PM
I'd be in for at least 2 boards if testing goes alright..PLus include a parts list as well as that would make my life easier for the first time on this design.PLus anything else needed to program the chips etc would also be a bonus as well..
Thanks Firegod let me know how things go with the tests and we shall go from there..
Joe
joekraftchek@rogers.com please email me and let me know

stempile
07-01-2007, 01:12 PM
I'd be in for at least 2 boards if testing goes alright..PLus include a parts list as well as that would make my life easier for the first time on this design.PLus anything else needed to program the chips etc would also be a bonus as well..
Thanks Firegod let me know how things go with the tests and we shall go from there..
Joe
joekraftchek@rogers.com please email me and let me know

All of that information is already posted, take a look at the first forum entry in the 'Firegod' forum.

ms

FireGod
07-03-2007, 09:08 PM
I had a hickup on the interface, it will be a few more days until I get the boards.

grages
07-04-2007, 01:54 PM
I think I would like one also.

Shawn

rmiddle
07-09-2007, 11:14 PM
Is the $25.00 the full cost?

Thanks
Robert

FireGod
07-10-2007, 12:34 AM
Is the $25.00 the full cost?

$25.00 plus shipping. $25.00 buys 5 boards with solder mask and silk screen:
One PC interface
Four field modules

A Bill Of Materials (BOM) with www.Mouser.com part numbers will be provided. Parts will run roughly $1.04/channel without qty discount plus shipping.

You will determine the shipping method of the boards. If the boards are OK, I have enlisted a person to organize the payment/shipping.

Tomorrow evening I will know if everything is good on the PC interfaces and the field modules should be in on Wednesday. They are already good, just a reorder.

I can not do it due to my weird job, but the interested parties should do a coop on the 18F4525 I/Cs. If a quantity of >25 are purchased, the price drops from $10.90 to $6.50 each.

Stay tuned....................

DeanCollins
07-10-2007, 06:22 AM
I would also like to pickup 2 sets of boards, and if anyone will be running a coop for the parts I will also be in on that.

Just checking they there is a firmware available for australia? (different V and Hz)
Thanks,
-Dean

FireGod
07-10-2007, 10:03 AM
Dean, I'll make an adjustment to interupt timer for 50 Hz.

FireGod
07-10-2007, 07:56 PM
I built a PC interface today and everything looks OK. If UPS delivers the field modules tomorrow, we will be good to go.

FireGod
07-10-2007, 11:06 PM
I have added a .HEX file in the first post of the "128 Channel PIC Dimmer System" topic in the Firegod section for those who need a different frequency. The input voltage is still 12VAC.

tconley
07-11-2007, 12:31 AM
can i get one set?

FireGod
07-11-2007, 10:48 PM
I sent the boards to lbro today and he should get them next week. If you have any technical questions please contact me. Any purchase/shipping related questions should be sent to lbro.

The Bill of Materials is attached below. It is slightly different than the original due to the numbering of the components and I have changed the heat sink to one that is available through mouser. The only item not on the BOM is the #4 screws and nuts (3 each).

---EDIT: Attacment deleted, see updated BOM---------

DeanCollins
07-12-2007, 07:36 AM
thanks for that firegod, is my order for two down or will i have to contact lbro to note my order? Will be great to see how well the dimmers work with our lights down here, esp newer LED sets and 24V

Thanks again,
-Dean

lbro
07-12-2007, 08:41 AM
When I get the boards from Firegod, I will see what the shipping costs are and post them. I will only be able to take M.O. or checks, I don't have Paypal, so if you want to pay that way, contact Firegod and he will give you the paypal account information to get him the payment.

Thanks,
Lou

spike
07-12-2007, 01:17 PM
Hey guys, I live a couple of blocks from FireGod. I picked up my boards last night and they all look very nice.
He did a great job.

Is anyone interested in a coop order of parts maybe?
The big $10.90 chips go down to a $6.50 price break at 25.

I would be willing to organize it if anyone was interested.

tconley
07-12-2007, 04:14 PM
firegod where do i send the money if i got in on this in time?

lbro
07-12-2007, 05:34 PM
firegod where do i send the money if i got in on this in time?

tconley
see three post up
Lou

tconley
07-12-2007, 06:02 PM
Thanks well when they are ready pm me your paypal information

FireGod
07-12-2007, 11:03 PM
Bassboy found an error in the BOM_r1. There only needs to be one 14 position socket on the interface. The revised BOM revision 2 is below.

lbro will give you my PayPal account or his address for payment when he is ready with the shipping fees.

It looks like there is pleanty to go around so far so don't be worried.

spike
07-13-2007, 12:03 AM
Should the 5.1 Zener diode be D5?
You have two D2's on the BOM

FireGod
07-13-2007, 12:10 AM
Should the 5.1 Zener diode be D5?
You have two D2's on the BOM

I corrected BOM_r2,

Thanks

DeanCollins
07-15-2007, 07:11 AM
@bassboy: I would be interested in a bulk buy for the parts, if there are any other people buying units from australia I can be a distribution point from here so we can save on shipping as well.

Thanks,
-Dean

Greg in Canby
07-25-2007, 08:49 PM
Hey guys, I live a couple of blocks from FireGod. I picked up my boards last night and they all look very nice.
He did a great job.

Is anyone interested in a coop order of parts maybe?
The big $10.90 chips go down to a $6.50 price break at 25.

I would be willing to organize it if anyone was interested.

Greg from Canby Oregon is IN on a parts coop (at least the PICs).

FireGod
07-28-2007, 01:06 PM
The power jack part number is wrong. The BOM indicates 806-KLDX-0202-B but it should be 806-KLDX-0202-A

Sorry for any troubles, I am not sure how that happened.

FireGod
08-11-2007, 12:00 PM
The description of the PIC18F4525 was wrong in the BOM_r3 so I have revised it to BOM_r4.

FireGod
08-11-2007, 11:43 PM
Bassboy had a problem with his FGDimmer system. We worked on it and we discovered that the SSR he was using needed the controller to sink the voltage to turn on the SSR. My personal SSRs need the controller to source the voltage to turn on the SSRs.

I can/will make a program to sink the voltage but the module selection may need to be programmed into each 18F4525 I/C.

Here is the importaint part: when installing the LED's, make sure you install them in the correct direction for your SSR's.

spike
08-12-2007, 12:37 AM
It is Sean's SSR's that will require the new program. Or any other 5v common instead of common ground system.

wjohn
08-12-2007, 02:10 PM
90% of the SSRs out there in this forum will be 5V common. THe GRINCH, RENARD, and Olsen Controllers are all configured that way.

spike
08-12-2007, 10:38 PM
We are about done making a fix for the firegod system.

The Olsen boards I have work on the common ground....

FireGod
08-16-2007, 12:20 AM
1-4-me-2 found yet another BOM slip up. On the PC interface, R1,R4,R7, and R10 were called out as R6.

See the revised BOM_r5

Sorry for any trouble it may have caused.