PDA

View Full Version : What Would YOU Like to See at the Philly Mini?

LightsByGreg
05-24-2009, 10:08 PM
Hey everyone, I now have some more free time so I am going into Mini-Planning-Commando mode. What I want to know is, is there something you would like to see in person at the Philly Mini?

For example, is there something you see online, but you want to know what it is like in person before adding it to your display? Is there a decorating trick that you aren't so sure will work in your show? Do you want to learn how to solder? (I do!) Is there a computer program that seems way too complicated? Perhaps you want to learn about all the software products from seasoned users.

Keep in mind, this does not have to be limited to a DIY item - it can be anything from the Christmas Community. While I cannot make any promises, I can try to pull some strings to get some more experts to show up and demonstrate what they know best.

Please throw out any ideas you have, and I will to incorporate them into the mini. Let's make this the best mini yet!

Thanks,
Greg

lbro
05-25-2009, 08:36 AM
I want to see how to build a mega tree base. Something that is strong, and can be broken down, with parts from Depot or Lowes......

mrpackethead
05-25-2009, 09:32 AM
Id like to see a 3D laser projected holographic santa claus. You know one that is simply amazing, like in star wars... Id also like it if it can cost less than $100.

If you can do that, i'll fly over. :-)

Hope you have a great time at your mini.

pete
05-25-2009, 09:49 AM
oh man MPH, I was gonna ask for that....

LightsByGreg
05-29-2009, 06:30 PM
Haha, we're getting close though. Lou, I will see if I can get someone who knows how to build a good base. I'm assuming you mean one that you do not need to dig a hole for?

Thanks a lot,
Greg

bmcgeeny
05-29-2009, 09:55 PM
I'd like to see me.

LightsByGreg
06-01-2009, 03:25 PM
OK guys I am going to start putting together another announcement now...we've only had about 14 members sign up! It's ok if we make it a small event, but that is a lot smaller than previous years!

LightsByGreg
06-03-2009, 09:17 AM
Welding anyone? I'm not sure if the members who were going to do that are coming this year.

ppohlman
06-03-2009, 09:22 AM
I'd like to see it live online since I won't be able to attend. I know that they've used a webcam and done it in the past.

lbro
06-03-2009, 10:20 AM
We tried, I think there was a problem. We could see if we could try it again.

Wayne J
06-03-2009, 05:27 PM
Welding anyone? I'm not sure if the members who were going to do that are coming this year.

That was me last year, but unfortunlately, I won't be attending this year.

51fordf2
06-03-2009, 09:06 PM
Welding?!? That would be pretty cool! Have to keep that in mind, next year, as I have both stick and mig, as well as gas welding, and a plasma cutter. In fact, David Jones (ukewarrior) and I have talked about getting together, and having a weekend of building wireframes, etc. I personally could spend a week doing it. I really enjoy metal work of all kinds. Just never could make money at it, but I'm sure if I did it for a living, I'd hate it!

Did you put on a demonstration last year, Wayne?

R

Wayne J
06-03-2009, 09:56 PM
Welding?!? That would be pretty cool! Have to keep that in mind, next year, as I have both stick and mig, as well as gas welding, and a plasma cutter. In fact, David Jones (ukewarrior) and I have talked about getting together, and having a weekend of building wireframes, etc. I personally could spend a week doing it. I really enjoy metal work of all kinds. Just never could make money at it, but I'm sure if I did it for a living, I'd hate it!

Did you put on a demonstration last year, Wayne?

R

Unfortunately, no. Time restraints did not allow for it. :(

I have been welding and sheet metal for 27 years, doing it for living for 23. Hate it? Nah... I love it :cool: ......

klanger
06-03-2009, 10:37 PM
Nice work Wayne

synnie
06-04-2009, 05:30 AM
"puts the bib on before going to see Waynes Shop so he doesnt drool over everything"
Any chance of sending one over here?....veryyyyyyyy niceeeeeeee

WireWrap
06-04-2009, 10:41 AM
That's one HELL of a wireframe!!!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

somtng4u2c
06-04-2009, 04:33 PM
Unfortunately, no. Time restraints did not allow for it. :(

I have been welding and sheet metal for 27 years, doing it for living for 23. Hate it? Nah... I love it :cool: ......

How many lights can you get on 1

Macrosill
06-08-2009, 05:38 PM
Who is the funny looking guy with tha baseball hat on? Did you weld him up to Wayne? Those beads look almost as good as the ones I made yesterday when I burned me hand!?!

pete
06-09-2009, 04:08 PM
how many string one lights do you think it will take to cover it?

Pete

Jeff Millard
06-09-2009, 08:29 PM
how many string one lights do you think it will take to cover it?

Pete

I think the most important thing to consider is how big the Tesla Coil will have to be to transmit the power to light it as it cruises around the big oval in a constant left turn...

Nice pics Wayne!

Jeff

lbro
06-10-2009, 10:08 AM
Here is the funny thing, you guys are kidding Wayne, but Wayne is most likely going to see this as a challenge and make the best looking lighting display housed in the best looking housings!!! and as Jeff said, doing a constant left turn.

You go Wayne!!!

:-)