PDA

View Full Version : Christmas motorized nutcracker scene

Christmasnut
09-22-2015, 09:51 PM
Hello to all who have helped me get started building motorized scenes for my Christmas display. My lovely wife wanted a motorized scene of the nutcracker ballet. We designed the scene together. We brainstormed our design and away we went to the top of the porch to the top of the wall!! With help from DIY subscribers I got the idea of using the wiper motors? My wife did all the design and paint on the sugar plum fairy and the nutcracker as well as a figure for the uncle, Clara and of course the rat king- not quite finished on those.

Just used a 1/4 inch sheet of Outdoor plywood, an electrical box, a few Thread connectors, some 3/4 inch pvc, a wheel and not shown a roof pipe cover to further protect motor and controller. Also used Tupperware to enclose the speed controller and power supply

http://youtu.be/ecgwFHUY3xk

Once again thanks to everyone who gave me suggestions. I am happy to give further details of construction if you are interested.

Christmasnut.

tommy
09-22-2015, 10:19 PM
I like it a lot! I'd worry about the figures bending too much in the wind (which is pretty much constant here.) But the concept is awesome!