PDA

View Full Version : Color Configuration for Talking Pumpkin

Wall-E
09-28-2012, 02:28 PM
I purchased the talking pumpkin and 8 faces from Holiday Coro
I know there are many ways to add the lights but could you start me off with 1 configuration?
What I'm looking for is the number of lights to buy;
What color for the eyes, mouth (are there different colors used for upper lower, etc.).
Any help you can provide would be deeply appreciated.

eeek
09-28-2012, 06:08 PM
Did you get the big one or the small one? There is a 7x7 foot face and a 48x48 inch singing pumpkin.

eeek
09-28-2012, 06:08 PM
Also- the colors are your decsion. I did mine with all orange lights, except for the stem, which I did in green.

buddhawood
09-28-2012, 07:23 PM
I purchased the talking pumpkin and 8 faces from Holiday Coro
I know there are many ways to add the lights but could you start me off with 1 configuration?
What I'm looking for is the number of lights to buy;
What color for the eyes, mouth (are there different colors used for upper lower, etc.).
Any help you can provide would be deeply appreciated.

You really dont want different colors for the mouth configurations. The differnt colors are only used on the instructions to differenciate the different channels. You want all the mouth channels to be the same color so it looks like a single mouth with the lips moving. I believe Holiday coro breaks down the lighs required per channel on thier site

eeek
09-29-2012, 09:51 AM
The other thing to consider is what you have avalaible for lights. Meaning, originaly for the large pumpkin, I was going to buy 18 100 counts strings. Instead, I bought 32 strings of 50 counts. I got mine from Big Lots. Target also has lights- 100 counts, though. You can buy clear and paint them- there is a tutorial on holidaycoro's website.

This is your light counts for the small pumpkin from holidaycoro.com. Note that the colors listed are the colors of the picture and the channel ID's:

177 bulbs for pumpkin outline (30 for stump/green and 149 for pumpkin)
38 bulbs for eyes closed (dark red)
44 bulbs for eyes open (blue)
50 bulbs for top mouth (brown)
48 bulbs for middle mouth (red)
72 bulbs for bottom/wide mouth (purple)
30 bulbs for "O" mouth (yellow)
100 bulbs for narrow mouth (green)
560 bulbs total

If I was making this, I would get 12 50 counts strings and 1 50 counts green.

This is the count for the large pumpkin:
531 bulbs for pumpkin outline (74 for stump/green and 457 for pumpkin)
79 bulbs for eyes closed (dark red)
122 bulbs for eyes open (blue)
121 bulbs for top mouth (brown)
125 bulbs for middle mouth (red)
165 bulbs for bottom/wide mouth (purple)
73 bulbs for "O" mouth (yellow)
232 bulbs for narrow mouth (green)
1,448 bulbs total

This is what I made and I used 32 strings of 50 counts and 1 100 count green. You could reduce some to 20 counts, but it's a pain.

Wall-E
10-01-2012, 12:54 PM
This is GREAT !! Thank you everyone for your input.
Eeek, you really put some thought into your color design. Did you paint yours?
I was at the Phoenix Zoo over this weekend and I say them getting ready for their christmas light show. They have a lot of motion displays and they use colored caps on standard white light strings.....very interesting !

eeek
10-01-2012, 05:34 PM
I think we might be having a bit of a disconnect. I only have two colors on my pumpkin. Orange and green. The colors I listed above are the colors that are in the picture on this page. The colors only represent the layout and do not mean you have to use those colors. If you click on this link and then on additional pictures, you'll see it:

http://www.holidaycoro.com/product-p/17.htm

Also, if you buy any sequences from holidaycoro.com, David includes a overlay so you can do your own sequencing. This is also based on the colors I listed above.