PDA

View Full Version : Philly MINI July 15th 2012 is on!

lbro
03-03-2012, 09:14 AM
ADDRESS FOR THE MINI
Christ Church Episcopal
104 Nevin Street
Ridley Park, PA 19078

It is just South of the Philadelphia International Airport right off of I-95 Using the Ridley Park Exit.

The Church is on the corner of Nevin Street and Sellers Avenue. We will be in Mussellman's Hall directly behind the Church on Nevin Street.

UPDATE!!!!!
We will be entering through the alley of the church not the front doors.

When standing on Sellers Avenue looking at the building, to the right is the alley, walk up the alley and you will see a set of double doors. I will post a sign on them. Enter those doors and the stair is on your right. follow the stair to the second floor the hall is on the second floor.

*****If you are coming from the PA turnpike****

Take PA I-476 S toward Chester

Merge onto I-95 N via the exit on the left toward Philadelphia.

Take EXIT 8 toward US-13/Ridley Park.

Turn left onto S Stewart Ave. (Traffic light at the top of the ramp)

Turn right onto Chester Pike/US-13 (Traffic Light)

Take the 2nd left onto W Sellers Ave. (Traffic light)

Take the 2nd left onto Nevin St.

Christ Church Ridley Park is on the left.

******Coming from points North using I-95******

Take I-95 South

Turn right onto S Stewart Ave. (Traffic light at the end of the ramp)

******Coming from points South using I-95******

Take I-95 North

Turn Left onto S Stewart Ave. (Traffic light at the end of the ramp)

You can park along Sellers Avenue or on Nevin Street.

Please be aware that when parking your car, you must face the direction of traffic, the borough police are a stickler for that.

Hello everyone!
I reserved the room on Friday, I pay for it on Monday.
The name of the Church is Christ Church in Ridley Park PA. It is tight off the exit of I-95 just south of the Philadelphia International Airport. (5 minutes tops)
The room cost $300 and we have it from 11:30 am. until 5:30 pm. I will pay for the room and ask if anyone would like to make a donation to help cover that cost, it would be greatly appriciated, BUT NOT REQUIRED to attend. If you would like to make a donation, send me a PM and I will give you my paypal account. THANK YOU TO THOSE THAT HAVE GENEROUSLY DONATED!!!

There are a few good hoagie/pizza shops nearby that we can order food for a late lunch (so bring some spending money!). I will do my best to make some cookies. (that is to make Ron drive from MA, cookies motivate him :-))

Our fearless leader Brian has secured some door prizes for a free raffle, some of the venders here have graciously offered items to us!! We must thank our supporters that support us!!!

Now what can't we do there?

Well, no adult beverages, it is a Church!
No Smoking in or around the buildings.
No welding or soldering lessons.

What can we do?

I think a for sale/swap area is a great idea. (I know I have alot of new mini lights I won't need as I am going LED this year)

Can someone that is familiar with Vixen 3.0 could do a demo?

How about someone explaining how all the magic smoke works on our boards? (what really happens in the opto?)

Brian will have a little discussion on the start of DIYC, for those that don't know how it all got started at this great website.

Ken (Kenl) will talk/demo how to incorporate video into your display, dmx, lor, dumb pixels, xLights, and help with electrical questions.
Ken has also vonlumteered to bring a projector and an internet connected Laptop! THANKS KEN!!!

We now have a demo of Nutcracker planned!!!

We are limited to the room for our gathering, but it has high ceilings (maybe 15' in the center) so if someone wants to show display items they made?

Anyone want to talk about RGB and F.A.S.T.? Maybe someone can do a small demo?

As for pixels, I would love to see a demo

If anyone has any ideas of what they would like to do, send me a PM and I will add it to this list!

Let's make this a great mini!!!

Lou

UPDATE

Needed to change the times. The times as shown above are correct. They wanted us to wait until Mass was over, they mistakenly thought the 15th was a Saturday.

attendee list:
lbro
macrosill
pmcpa
DanoNJ
Jeff Millard
JKlingert
Ponddude
CJC (my Brother-in-law, not a member here)
RonP
Shades67
Kenl
cenote
Gmbartold
Ted19020
KC (if he can get some vacation time)
jboyles7
thebigkm
GS1
rlw162
Dave_J
n4vy0wnzj00
RonNagle1967
smeighan
ratroder
WhitePlainsNY
DrNiceGuy

Macrosill
03-03-2012, 09:49 AM
I am going to list the Vendors that have graciously agreed to donate a prize for the Philly Mini raffle.

I would be more than happy to talk about the birth of DIYC, that is if anyone is interested. I will just leave out the boring parts about Lou.

Optos are easy. I know what they do. They turn on the lights, LOL :)

I should be able to bring a projector from work, provided they do not need it there, it may be hit or miss. If someone can secure one that would be better.

Laptop, no problem. Internet connection, that depends on the cellular coverage in the area. How is Verizon down there?

Oh yeah, count me in being there. You can confirm my attendance.

pmcpa
03-04-2012, 05:24 PM
I should be in also! Ans yes, interested in how DIYC started

DanoNJ
03-07-2012, 09:23 PM
Lou, At this point I should be able to be there also. (just not sure of vacation schedule as of today).

Looking forward to the event!!!

Jeff Millard
03-08-2012, 12:05 AM
If it's raining, could you stop by and pick me up on the way Dano? The last time you were here my car became useless in a rainstorm...

Jeff

DanoNJ
03-08-2012, 10:45 AM
If it's raining, could you stop by and pick me up on the way Dano? The last time you were here my car became useless in a rainstorm...

Jeff
It's the least I could do... :)

jklingert
03-08-2012, 10:54 AM
I look forward to being there.

Ponddude
03-08-2012, 04:09 PM
I am going to try and attend this (since it is close to NJ) but will not promise anything just yet. Of course I will have all the new fun Seasonal Entertainment products with me. We also should have all the LED light strings in stock by than and can sell a few at a discounted price :). I already talked to Brian and will gladly help out with some door prizes and if I attend can bring all our fancy give-aways.

Are there any rules about selling products there? I can of course give a noticeable discount on come products there ;)

Greg

lbro
03-08-2012, 05:08 PM
Greg,

I will discuss with Brian about selling stuff, personally I don't mind, but Brian is The Boss, and I do as he says!

Lou

Ponddude
03-08-2012, 05:33 PM
No problem. If we can't...we can't. I can just hand out coupons for discounts on the site.

This should be informational and fun, not about causing any more headaches.

Greg

Ronp
03-08-2012, 07:26 PM
Ok the 15th I plan on being there.. (wife wants me to go to a wedding haha )

Shades67
03-08-2012, 11:41 PM
OK, well i am in, donation is fine, let me know that account. as for bringing, well i think i should sit still, shut up and listen, might bring duct tape in case i talk too much.

lbro
03-09-2012, 08:17 AM
No problem. If we can't...we can't. I can just hand out coupons for discounts on the site.

This should be informational and fun, not about causing any more headaches.

Greg

Hi Greg,
Spoke with Brian, we are both ok with you selling.
See you there.
Lou

KenL
03-09-2012, 11:01 AM
I should be there, I am goood for a projector, a laptop and Internet connectivitiy.

I can talk/demo how to incorporate video into your display, dmx, lor, dumb pixels, xLights, electrical questions.....

DanoNJ
03-09-2012, 04:04 PM
I should be there, I am goood for a projector, a laptop and Internet connectivitiy.

I can talk/demo how to incorporate video into your display, dmx, lor, dumb pixels, xLights, electrical questions.....

Like the video demo and XLights.

cenote
03-10-2012, 08:19 AM
Lou, calendar cleared for the 15th, I be there :) (wanted or not ;) )

gmbartold
03-11-2012, 09:28 PM
:yeah:The date is good for me. Is Philly Cheese Steaks on the menu for the late lunch?

Gary

lbro
03-12-2012, 11:04 AM
:yeah:The date is good for me. Is Philly Cheese Steaks on the menu for the late lunch?

Gary

They can be sure!! you can order whatever you would like!
Lou

ted19020
03-12-2012, 04:42 PM
HI my name is Ted and I'm a 72 year old newbee, I had a Gemmy light show display for two years, but no control over it. I live in Bensalem and I'm looking forward to meeting other people that like to make lights blink, so count me in.

Ted

dirknerkle
03-12-2012, 05:28 PM
HI my name is Ted and I'm a 72 year old newbee, I had a Gemmy light show display for two years, but no control over it. I live in Bensalem and I'm looking forward to meeting other people that like to make lights blink, so count me in.

Ted

Ted, Welcome to DIYC. You're one of the few DIYC members who's older than I am! You have joined a group of crazy people who love to celebrate our Lord's birth through animated Christmas lighting, and you will have a blast here!

Jeff Millard
03-13-2012, 09:05 AM
Would someone please compile for presentation, a detailed descriptive analysis on how to create all the incredible effects, scrolling text and imagery for the pixel mega I'm making in 2013? :freak:

Jeff

KC
03-15-2012, 01:11 PM
Ron, Brian, AND Lou under one roof? I've really got to try for some vacation time.

cenote
03-15-2012, 08:58 PM
KC, not just an ordinary roof, but a roof built within holy grounds... :)

jboyles7
03-16-2012, 10:55 PM
Still in. Can I just bring some cash to help cover the room?

lbro
03-17-2012, 07:59 AM
Still in. Can I just bring some cash to help cover the room?
The only cash required is if you want to buy something or get something to eat.
Covering the room cost is stricty donation. And I can send you Paypal address if you want to do that.

Lou

thebiggKM
03-22-2012, 04:39 PM
Just saw the mention in LOR forum. I am in. Looking forward to seeing all.

GS1
03-24-2012, 08:02 AM
Count me in! Looking forward to seeing everyone!
Glenn

rlw162
04-04-2012, 12:57 PM
Sorry for my delay in finding this thread. I will be there on the 15th!

Dave_J
04-06-2012, 07:59 PM
Hello, my name is Dave and a complete newbie to blinky-flashy. No hardware yet and zero experience in sequencing & Vixen. So I'm interested in attending to start my addiction... I mean "education". Thanks.

lbro
04-07-2012, 07:24 AM
Welcome Dave! A mini is a good place to talk to some great people! We'll have you caught up in no time!

lbro
04-11-2012, 12:57 PM
I want to start planning things for the day, any other suggestions that anyone is interested in seeing or doing?
Try to spread the word about the mini in case people didn't see it on the forum. Lets try to get at least double the people we have listed now!!
Thanks
Lou

Macrosill
04-11-2012, 02:42 PM
There will be lots of raffled off prizes. See the 1st post of this thread for updated information.

lbro
04-15-2012, 08:23 AM
I was asked in PM again about someone doing an overview of the latest version of Vixen.

Any takers?

Macrosill
04-16-2012, 09:56 PM
The Philly Area Mini has been added to the DIYC Calendar. Make sure you add it to yours!!!

tjetzer
04-17-2012, 01:58 PM
This sounds like a pretty good time but I won't be able to make it. I will be sending Brian some nice raffle prizes for some lucky attendees! He will be receiving them soon!

tjetzer
04-20-2012, 12:08 AM
Here is the box of goodies that will be on it's way to Brian very soon!

DanoNJ
04-20-2012, 09:48 AM
Ohhhhs and Ahhhhhhsss.....

Dougp
04-20-2012, 01:15 PM
One of my frames will be on the way soon for a door prize.

n4vy0wnzj00
04-27-2012, 01:18 PM
I should be able to make it as well! Cant wait!
Francis

RonNagle1967
04-29-2012, 04:01 PM
I am a newbie as well. Live north of Philly. I will be there. I am hopping to have a 4ft wire frame singing pumpkin, 2 2ft pumpkins, 6 ghosts(fading) and some strobes for Halloween (ALL 12V DC). Running Vixen and Arduino Mega.

Anyone working on the Arduino Stand Alone going to be there??? I can bring some snacks too if needed. Cookies, cakes or etc.

Thanks for this!!! I really appreciate the support and knowledge this site provides!!!

Macrosill
04-30-2012, 08:46 AM
That's great news guys. I added both of you to the attendee list in the 1st post!

We are up to 22 attendees and should be getting a few more. I also have a load of donated display related items rolling in that will be raffled off at the event!!!!

lbro
05-06-2012, 12:03 AM
I am still looking for idea for what we can do, or do we prefer free style like usual?

gmbartold
05-06-2012, 10:29 PM
I am a beginner in this hobby. I have read the forums daily for over a year not knowing what I actually read in most cases. I have successfully built and operated last Christmas 1 Ren SS16, and 1 Ren SS24 (More controllers on order from James). I plan to take the next step into dumb RGB for window frames and F.A.S.T. for the gutters this year. Maybe someone can do a small demo. I know that I will have some questions to ask.

As for pixels, I would love to see a demo but I know that this is technically beyond my wildest dreams for now. I have to wait until the experts get it down pat and a step by step guide is in the Wiki "Pixels for Dummies."

I have heard alot about "CORO". I have seen DMoore video's on it but never actually seen it. Maybe someone has some at home and do a small demo?

Since this is my first mini, I really don't know what to expect.......But is sure sounds like fun!
What would you guys like to experience?

Gary

cenote
05-07-2012, 04:44 PM
I am still looking for idea for what we can do, or do we prefer free style like usual?

I game for free stlye, with the occasional show and tell from people who bring there goodies...(jeff :) )

lbro
05-12-2012, 08:01 AM
Gary,
I will see if I can get some coro, I threw a bunch away last year, let me see if I can find some.
with luck, someone hat is coming will bring the other stuff or talk about, I don't much about them either and would like to learn :-)

gmbartold
05-13-2012, 07:32 PM
Gary,
I will see if I can get some coro, I threw a bunch away last year, let me see if I can find some.
with luck, someone hat is coming will bring the other stuff or talk about, I don't much about them either and would like to learn :-)

I am sure that whatever will be demonstrated or talked about will be just fine.
Sounds like a plan! Wow! A lunch & learn, door prizes, raffles, stuff to buy.....I'm excited! :biggrin:

Gary

Macrosill
05-18-2012, 09:09 AM
The raffle prizes keep rolling in! This is one mini you will not want to miss!!!

cenote
05-18-2012, 05:29 PM
The raffle prizes keep rolling in! This is one mini you will not want to miss!!!

:thumbup:

lbro
05-21-2012, 10:37 AM
I have a few people interested that are not members here, so we are growing!!!!

lbro
05-21-2012, 10:41 AM
I am only making 5 types of cookies this time, so any requests from past attendees? Except Ron, he gets none!!

JK Ron, My BFF :-)

judypancoast
06-03-2012, 02:28 PM
I would love to send you a couple of CDs and tour tee-shirts to use as raffles prizes. Where do I send them?

Macrosill
06-03-2012, 06:07 PM
Judy,
Contact me via PM to prize donations.

gmbartold
06-03-2012, 06:33 PM
I would love to send you a couple of CDs and tour tee-shirts to use as raffles prizes. Where do I send them?

Thank you Judy for offering some raffle prizes. This will be my first MINI and I hope that I'm one of the lucky guys to score a T-shirt.
PS - Large size T :happy

Gary

lbro
06-03-2012, 09:07 PM
Thanks Judy!!

judypancoast
06-04-2012, 02:49 PM
They are going out tomorrow!!
Have a great time!
Judy

Macrosill
06-08-2012, 06:20 AM
I received he generous prizes that Judy has donated. 2 autographed copies of her CD and 2 shirts. You guys have no idea how many great prizes that have been donated by our generous vendors. They vary in size from circuit boards to wireframes and lighted wreaths. Next year someone else has to get the prizes so I can get a chance to win some of them! LOL

edit: I am feeling a bit light headed. I hope I do not come down with a cold on July 15th. I would hate to miss the mini!!!! :devilred:

lbro
06-09-2012, 08:54 AM
Getting close everyone. I spoke to the local Pizza shop. When luch comes around, I am going to order some pizzas from him for lunch. I will be the easiest thing for us. is that okay?
Lou

Macrosill
06-09-2012, 01:24 PM
Pizza is fine for me.

cenote
06-09-2012, 05:53 PM
As long as it's not coming from Chicago, sounds good.

judypancoast
06-10-2012, 08:35 AM
Hey guys,
I just wanted to point out that the two tee-shirts I sent were size L....not meaning to imply that everyone needs a size L, but since it was requested. Have a great time!

DanoNJ
06-10-2012, 09:48 AM
Good choice for lunch. Easy = good.

KenL
06-10-2012, 10:27 AM
CNote, I think you should smoke something and/or BBQ something. That Bacon Explosion maybe? LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

budude
06-10-2012, 11:10 AM
If you need any good ideas for food search YouTube under "Epic Meal Time" - you won't be hungry afterwards and it feeds many people (well - normally - see the videos...).

gmbartold
06-19-2012, 10:23 PM
Less than 4 weeks away. Can't wait! Is there any updates? Anybody else excited?

Gary

cenote
06-20-2012, 08:41 PM
Less than 4 weeks away. Can't wait! Is there any updates? Anybody else excited?

Gary

Just excited about claiming door prizes :o

Macrosill
06-21-2012, 07:19 AM

You guys have no idea what I have coming with me.

TomL8345
06-21-2012, 11:04 AM
My wife and I are excited about attending! We can't wait to see what others are doing and picking your brains.

Newbie Tom L

DanoNJ
06-21-2012, 06:08 PM

Get in line, Chuck.

Jeff Millard
06-22-2012, 05:23 PM
You guys have no idea what I have coming with me.

Frank Kostyun? You already did that once.

Jeff

lbro
06-23-2012, 07:55 AM
Frank Kostyun? You already did that once.

Jeff

I have an idea what he may be bringing.

lbro
06-23-2012, 08:01 AM
Update. I am getting really excited too!

I can't wait to see some familiar faces as well as meet some new ones!!

The plans for the day are in the first post.
Still going freestyle, not schedule, it seemed to work good last time.
If anyone want to talk about anything not in the post, let me know I will add it.
Still planning on an area for selling and swapping.
Still bringing cookies.

Macrosill
06-23-2012, 08:38 AM
Is anyone bringing a pc or laptop running Vixen 2 or 3?

lbro
06-24-2012, 09:55 AM
Brian,

I believe Ken (Kenl) is bringing a laptop and projector.

I updated the first post with directions.

Don't forget to bring some extra money for food.

If you have some things you want to sell/swap, bring those too. I will set up an area for that.

cenote
06-24-2012, 07:19 PM
Brian,

I believe Ken (Kenl) is bringing a laptop and projector.

As long has he doesn't forget....

DanoNJ
06-25-2012, 07:00 PM
As long has he doesn't forget....

Ken forget something??

I'd like to see / learn more about LOR to Renard DMX. I know of one or 2 other than myself that will be attending that currently use LOR software and hardware and are migrating to Renard boards using DMX.

ratroder
06-25-2012, 07:20 PM
I am looking to attend as well.

As danonj said about the renard and lor that would be great. I am looking to doing that this year as well.

KenL
06-26-2012, 09:13 AM
Well, Chuck you are driving me so you can remind me. Dan, remind Chuck to bring your lights from my house too...

There, all taken care of...

lbro
06-26-2012, 09:20 PM
See, that was easy.

DanoNJ
06-26-2012, 09:42 PM
Well, Chuck you are driving me so you can remind me. Dan, remind Chuck to bring your lights from my house too...

There, all taken care of...

Not to worry, I'll be hauting you till then.

THurrle
06-27-2012, 07:09 AM
Brian, the small frame in on the way. Did you get the gift certificate for the other one? I felt it was the best way to send it so it didn't have to be hauled around. Once contacted I will ship it to the lucky winner.

lbro
06-27-2012, 06:37 PM
Don't forget everyone, bring things to show what you were able to make. this is a great time to share ideas and perhaps pick up something new!!!

RonNagle1967
06-27-2012, 08:36 PM
Hi KenL

I am from Boyertown! Looking forward to meeting you. Your Displays Look AWESOME. My son and I will see you Jul15!

cenote
06-28-2012, 06:32 AM
Is anybody bringing a computer that will be showing off pixels? I'll bring my 2801 candy canes, but can't bring pc to run.

ratroder
06-28-2012, 06:05 PM
Anyone be interested in a sting of 20 rectangular pixels and a strand of 20 square pixels. They are rj's smart sting type.

Also anyone be interested in a lynx dongle board and inclosure, I ha e two.

Just some stuff that I happen to have laying around that someone might want.

Jeff Millard
06-28-2012, 06:24 PM
Is anybody bringing a computer that will be showing off pixels? I'll bring my 2801 candy canes, but can't bring pc to run.

I'll have 2 laptops. One with the public release of S3 3.4.0, and the other with a fresh install of LSP... and Beta 3.4.102 (E1.31) S3. Bring a flash drive and you're welcome to use either as you see fit.

If Ray gets my ribbon order out this week, I should have a few 3001 "North Poles" finished by then. I'll bring my version of your J channel node frames too.

I also have a large box of 12 pin Molex pairs someone offered up for grabs. Anyone that can use them is welcome to take a few and a handful of pins. I've got a few other things for Lou's sale table. (I like cookies too)

DanoNJ
06-28-2012, 10:28 PM
I also have a large box of 12 pin Molex pairs someone offered up for grabs. Anyone that can use them is welcome to take a few and a handful of pins. I've got a few other things for Lou's sale table. (I like cookies too)

Trade ya some cookies for some of those Molex!!!!

KenL
06-29-2012, 10:22 AM
So this morning GOD wanted to prove that he has the best light show of them all. The lightning, the thunder, the hail and the wind. I wonder how long before one of us try to program a lightshow light the one we had this morning - LOL

KenL
06-29-2012, 11:17 AM
Hi KenL

I am from Boyertown! Looking forward to meeting you. Your Displays Look AWESOME. My son and I will see you Jul15!

Looking forward to meeting you too.

Jeff Millard
06-29-2012, 05:13 PM
The lightning, the thunder, the hail and the wind

That was a fast moving storm. Flew by, started when I woke up at 5 and was gone by the time I left for work at 6:30. Scared the pooch half ta death!

DanO, If you need some now, say the word and I'll put them in an envelope. A member of the LOR forum bought them and then decided not to use them. He offered them to me. I told him I'd take them to the Epic or this meet and share them.

Jeff

DanoNJ
06-29-2012, 05:40 PM
Jeff,

Thanks, I'm in no rush at all. I'll see you in Philly!

THurrle
06-30-2012, 08:12 AM
For those of you attending the Philly mini I have sent a gift certificate to Brian for a wire frame. I have posted the picture of the frame that will be given away just so you can see it. He will also have one of my arch stars on display and be giving it away. This picture is before having it powder coated. If you don't win be sure to look at my site for the Christmas in July sale prices.
Terry

Jeff Millard
07-07-2012, 05:53 PM
8 days to go. I hope this heat breaks before then.

Jeff

DanoNJ
07-07-2012, 11:07 PM
8 days to go. I hope this heat breaks before then.

Jeff
Drop me your boss's number, I'll take it from there.

GS1
07-08-2012, 06:41 AM
7 days, lookin forward to it !
Glenn

cenote
07-08-2012, 08:04 AM
drop me your boss's number, i'll take it from there.

800-436-pseg

Jeff Millard
07-08-2012, 06:32 PM
No worries DanO. It's on a Sunday... I can pass on doubletime... WTH am I saying?

Jeff

DanoNJ
07-08-2012, 07:00 PM
7 days, lookin forward to it !
Glenn

Glen's going too!! Nice!

lbro
07-09-2012, 09:35 PM
Well i got the key to the room, no backing out now!!!

I bought some water and sodas, I figure we will order Pizza for around one o'clock.

I asked if I could come the day before and decorated a bit, but the have the room rented so I couldn't :-(

Thanks again for the donations toward the room costs.

And 6 more days to go!

Can't wait to see everyone!!!

WhitePlainsNY
07-09-2012, 10:09 PM
Please add me to the atendee list.

Thanks,
Chuck Barringer

lbro
07-10-2012, 12:17 PM
UPDATE!!!!!
We will be entering through the alley of the church not the front doors.

When standing on Sellers Avenue looking at the building, to the right is the alley, walk up the alley and you will see a set of double doors. I will post a sign on them. Enter those doors and the stair is on your right. follow the stair to the second floor the hall is on the second floor.

Anyone wants my phone number send me a PM and I will give you my cell.

Thanks
Lou

DanoNJ
07-10-2012, 03:12 PM
Anyone wants my phone number send me a PM and I will give you my cell.

Thanks
Lou

UPDATE: Anyone w/ Lou's cell number can call him during set up and he'll come over and help. At least that's what Cenote told me.

lbro
07-10-2012, 05:11 PM
UPDATE: Anyone w/ Lou's cell number can call him during set up and he'll come over and help. At least that's what Cenote told me.

Are we allowed to ban people :-)

ratroder
07-10-2012, 06:12 PM

That would be very helpful. Might have to get that number.

lbro
07-10-2012, 08:53 PM
That would be very helpful. Might have to get that number.

that's two not invited back. :-)

DrNiceGuy
07-10-2012, 11:28 PM
Hi Lou,

Please count me in! Looking forward to seeing everyone...

Thanks!

GS1
07-11-2012, 06:33 AM
DNG gonna be in the house !

DanoNJ
07-11-2012, 07:43 AM
Hi Lou,

Thanks!

WOW, even Roy will be there!!!

cenote
07-11-2012, 08:25 AM
Hi Lou,

Thanks!

Holy Batman..

lbro
07-11-2012, 01:55 PM
Hi Lou,

Thanks!

Roy? Is that really you? Great! Now if someone could only get in touch with Greg!!!

DrNiceGuy
07-11-2012, 08:13 PM
Hi All,

Yup, it's me! I've been swallowed up at work putting in 60 hour weeks all year long, and it has been hard to do anything else lately. I have a feeling I'm going to have difficulty trying to set up a display this year... but I'll make it happen somehow!

Lou, can I donate to you directly on Sunday or do you want me to go through PayPal?

Thanks!
-Roy

lbro
07-12-2012, 11:39 AM
Hi All,

Yup, it's me! I've been swallowed up at work putting in 60 hour weeks all year long, and it has been hard to do anything else lately. I have a feeling I'm going to have difficulty trying to set up a display this year... but I'll make it happen somehow!

Lou, can I donate to you directly on Sunday or do you want me to go through PayPal?

Thanks!
-Roy

You can hold off until Sunday if you prefer. Thanks for the offer.

Lou

Macrosill
07-14-2012, 11:04 AM
I am all packed and ready to leave 1st thing Monday morning. See all of you on Monday!

I have secured enough donated raffles prizes that no one should leave empty handed, except me! :( The prizes range from blank circuit boards, wire frames, rgb ribbon, controllers to 1 4 foot lighted wreath, I think it is lighted, autographed cds from Judy Pancoast and lots of stuff in between.

pmcpa
07-14-2012, 11:19 AM
Monday????

Don't you mean Sunday/tomorrow?

judypancoast
07-14-2012, 12:42 PM
Hope you guys and gals are all having an awesome time this weekend! Wish I could be there!

dirknerkle
07-14-2012, 01:00 PM
Monday????

Don't you mean Sunday/tomorrow?

:omg: Oh boyyyyy.... this could get interesting....

lbro
07-14-2012, 03:54 PM
I think Brian is skipping town with the goodies!

g2ktcf
07-14-2012, 06:50 PM
Brian..I just sent you some MORE prizes. Please let me know if you get them as the file was very large!

Hope everyone has a great time and I sure wish I could be there!

Cheers
Chris

ratroder
07-14-2012, 07:02 PM
Anyone bringing a lynx Etherdongle?

If I bring mine and my combiner can someone maybe do a demo on setting it up in lor s3?

gmbartold
07-14-2012, 09:04 PM
I am sorry to say that I came down with a nasty Head/Sinus cold last night. Couldn't sleep at all last night(blink, blink, flash, blink). Sore throat, headache, stuffy noise, sinus, etc.
I was in bed all day into the evening. I don't know what brought this on. Chances are that I will not be attending the Mini.:angry:

Gary

lbro
07-15-2012, 12:42 AM
Sorry to hear that Gary I hope you feel better soon

cenote
07-15-2012, 07:23 AM
WooooHoooo, car packed, picking up a few of you on the way, can't wait to see ya :)

lbro
07-15-2012, 07:24 AM
Well it is here! The day has arrived. I can't wait to see everyone!

Jeff Millard
07-15-2012, 07:46 AM
If anyone going has a Ray Wu 12VDC power supply, and would like to swap for a 5VDC... bring it with you as I have one for trade...

Looking forward to seeing everyone! Thank you Lou!!!

Jeff

Dougp
07-15-2012, 07:57 AM
I know you all will have a great time.

Have Fun.

pmcpa
07-15-2012, 08:02 AM
If anyone going has a Ray Wu 12VDC power supply, and would like to swap for a 5VDC... bring it with you as I have one for trade...

Looking forward to seeing everyone! Thank you Lou!!!

Jeff

Waterproof or not? I have non waterproof ones I'll bring

I also have some GC-1500's for trade/sale if anyone wants any!

Jeff Millard
07-15-2012, 08:11 AM
Not. These are just the common switching supplies recommended by Sandevices.

Jeff

pmcpa
07-15-2012, 08:12 AM
Yea, that's what I have.. 2 of em @ 30A each NIB

Jeff Millard
07-15-2012, 08:29 AM
I need 12V , bought one too many 5V . Do you care to swap one?
Jeff

pmcpa
07-15-2012, 08:29 AM
sounds good to me

Jeff Millard
07-15-2012, 08:45 AM
2 hours to leave time. Can't wait to see everyone. Hope I didn't forget anything... :biggrin:

Jeff

DanoNJ
07-15-2012, 08:47 AM
Sounds like it's going to be a blast!

pmcpa
07-15-2012, 11:11 AM
Traffic is light! Parking is a bit tight!

And to correct something... I think the alley is on the left of the church.

Ronp
07-15-2012, 11:47 AM
Whenever you make plans for yourself... Life gets in the way....Sorry I couldnt make it Guys...

lbro
07-15-2012, 07:17 PM
Well it was a fun day. Was nice to see old faces, and meet some new ones!

GS1
07-16-2012, 12:08 PM
Good time, thanks Lbro and Brian for hosting this event, awesome meeting room!
Great to see old friends and meet new ones too.
Back to work on my DIY project before Dano pings me :)
Glenn

lbro
07-16-2012, 01:05 PM
Thanks Glenn. They called last night and asked if i wanted the room for next year this time!

Lou

lbro
07-16-2012, 01:07 PM
And to correct something... I think the alley is on the left of the church.

Everyone is a critic... :0)
I realized I had it wrong and forgot to fix it. Sorry

pmcpa
07-16-2012, 01:11 PM
:disgust: I'm dyslexic... so right is left to me!

DanoNJ
07-16-2012, 02:03 PM
Back to work on my DIY project before Dano pings me :)
Glenn

tic / tock... :)