Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Xlights or vixen ?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Xlights or vixen ?

Just looking to see what software everyone is using xlights or vixen when using pixels
    Danny Smith

2008 display:

-168 renard 24 channels

-fm transmitter: ramsey 25B

-light count: 15,000+

[CENTER]The thing always happens that you really believe in; and the belief in a thing makes it happen.[/CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Xlights or vixen ?

I use Vixen. I can't remember why I settled on it in the first place. I actually have both installed and am going to set up my display in xlights as well sounds can play in both. I never gave xlights a try in the beginning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrLights2000 View Post
    Just looking to see what software everyone is using xlights or vixen when using pixels
    Vixen here

Post Thanks / Like

I think asking that question on this forum will get answers leaning toward Vixen. If you ask the same question on DIYO, you will probably get answers leaning toward xlights. Both are very robust and can do virtually anything you want your Pixels to do. Try them both and see which one you feel more comfortable with. Both have great support.

Post Thanks / Like

This forum appears to mostly Vixen users so I think that's going to be that vast majority of replies. As others have mentioned try them both. I tried them both and xLights was worked best for me. In my opinion and ex-Vixen users I've talked to, there is much more support with xLights.

Post Thanks / Like

Xiights here, and I've been very happy with it. To be honest though, I've never tried Vixen.

Post Thanks / Like

I use xLights but have never tried Vixen

Post Thanks / Like

I use both. They are both very very very good! The main difference, in the sequencers, is their approach to getting the job done. More alike than different, either one would be a good choice.

Know that the followers of each are very animate about their's being the best. It should be your choice based on what you like.

Download each one (they are both free) and see which one fits your mindset.
    Live, Laugh, Love.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rstehle View Post
    I think asking that question on this forum will get answers leaning toward Vixen. If you ask the same question on DIYO, you will probably get answers leaning toward xlights. Both are very robust and can do virtually anything you want your Pixels to do. Try them both and see which one you feel more comfortable with. Both have great support.
    Thatís what I figured my last show (2008) was all Renard 24s with vixen obv. Iíd feel like a cheater going to xlights I think Iím gunna stick with vixen just wanted to see how everyone else was feeling

Danny Smith

2008 display:

-168 renard 24 channels

-fm transmitter: ramsey 25B

-light count: 15,000+

[CENTER]The thing always happens that you really believe in; and the belief in a thing makes it happen.[/CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like

I have always used Vixen. Tried xLights and didn't like it, maybe because it was in it's early stages of development when I did. I also like Vixen because they provide updates pretty much once a year. I have been bitten before, sequenced most of my songs, then updates come in and I have to do them all over again. For me, I update my version at the beginning of the year and stick with it until the next year.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast