Thread: HP power supply dimensions

Post Thanks / Like

Default HP power supply dimensions

Can some one tell me the dimensions of a 1200 watt hp server power supply with a break out board? I have seen 3 different dimensions listed for this thing so I would like to know the real dimensions so I can plan co stroller set ups to make sure they will work. Actually thinking I may redesign a mount to put them in a fence post.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: HP power supply dimensions

9.5" long x 3.5" wide and 1.5" thick. The breakout board adds an extra inch to the length and puts you at 10.5", but you need at least 1/2" more to have room to connect the wires. I would say you need 11.5 to 12" in length to play ot safe. You can use angled power supply cords to save on room too.

The 750watt and 1200watt supplies are exactly the same size, and they are very similar in size to a 350watt meanwell supply.

Personally I think the server supplies are the best way to go.

Dale P.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by DaleP; 01-14-2020 at 01:52 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Just an FYI, I bought my breakout board off from Amazon for 14.99. Other boards may be larger than mine.

Post Thanks / Like

In case anyone is interested, I designed a breakout board that may be of interest/use...
    http://doityourselfchristmas.com/for...755#post490755

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DaleP View Post
    9.5" long x 3.5" wide and 1.5" thick. The breakout board adds an extra inch to the length and puts you at 10.5", but you need at least 1/2" more to have room to connect the wires. I would say you need 11.5 to 12" in length to play ot safe. You can use angled power supply cords to save on room too.

The 750watt and 1200watt supplies are exactly the same size, and they are very similar in size to a 350watt meanwell supply.

Personally I think the server supplies are the best way to go.

Dale P.
    Perfect, thank you. So i may not have to modify the JD creation Fence post mount at all. Couple years back i bought one of the Dell server power supplies to use as a bench PSU, but they are longer then the HP Ones. Gonna upgrade to a Falcon F48 this year and would rather run 1 supply then 2, and thanks to me forgetting to fully close an enclosure, 2 of PSU's are now done for.